+1

JK, Franko, Jarrett, are all your RXPs running good now?

Just curious. Sounds like Jarrett found all his bugs, but Franko and JK, did you guys get your bugs resolved too? And what were the bugs?

+1
    Vern, I may have found my problem. Somehow, I lost the O-ring off the IC block-off plate. This caused air to escape from the intake manifold. I haven't had a chance to put the RR ECU back on to see if my problem is solved yet. But with the stock ECU, I gained 100 RPM after I replaced the O-ring. I've got my fingers crossed that I have found the culprit.

+1
    Frank, i am very certain you have found the culprit

+1
    Hulk, I sure hope so. Otherwise, I don't know what to do.

+1
    I think I am running ok now. My bugs were:

1. Two SC failures - currently solved by the HD clutch with no shims. I only have about 8 hours on that setup. One was complete failure. RPMs dropped to like 6300 or something. Completely noticieable. Second one was subtle. RPMs going up and down.

2. Prop pitched too high - kit needs to see 8300-8400 RPM. PPG repitch and stock works well for that.

3. Oil Level too high - Mine has to be around the bottom bend to make RPM.

4. Maybe bad gas - who knows

5. Pinched exhaust - PPG Power Pipe solved

+1
    Franko, on my 2005 RXP, my stock IC did not even have O rings ... it had like 'O bands' instead, and the blockoff plate would NOT install with the bands on. I had to trim the bands down until I basically made an O ring myself. Trial fitted it, went in with some effort. I then put a little Ultra Black on the O ring and groove and on the end of the blockoff plate and installed it and let it set up for two days. But potential boost leaks were definitely on my mind, so I bought a 0 - 15 lb boost gauge and installed that. It was pretty easy to see that I was running a solid 8 lbs of boost at full throttle. I did not install the gauge, just ran 5 feet of tubing and held it in my hand to check boost.

One thing I have noticed over the years with PWCs is that newly installed hoses (exhaust, water, air) ALL tend to stretch a little and ALL clamps need retightening at least once. So I did that too ... after one weekend with the RR IC and PPG powerpipe install, I re-tightened all the clamps, and they all needed a little more torque. But if I lose performance, I will tee into the BOV line and check my boost again.

Did you find your O ring? Or did it fall into the intake?

+1
    Vern, I definately need a boost guage. It would have clued me in to this problem much earlier.

I don't know where that O-ring went. Since it's rubber, I imagine it got broken up and melted. But it could be laying in the bottom of the intake manifold. I may pull that off and look for it.

+1
    Franko, I was able to get my hand into the intake. Find someone (g/f or wife) with small hands and arms, they may be able to explore the whole inside of the intake for you without removing it. One of my bands fell off when I removed the stock IC and I was able to get my hand in far enough to retrieve it quite easily - I never had to remove my intake to get the stock IC out.

On the boost gauge, I wanted to keep it simple, so I just bought a mechanical one. But for better visibility between 7 vs 8 lbs of boost, I bought a VDO boost only gauge (does not show vacuum) and that only has a range of 0 - 15. The boost/vacuum gauges and the 0 - 30 lb boost gauges are not nearly as clear in showing the loss of 1 lb of boost on the gauge.

+1
    ttt

Thread Information