+1

out of the country shipping & taxes

out of country shipping & taxes
    if i am shipping to used rxp's to australia do all they fluids need to be removed from the boats before transport? (i could only assume yes is the answer to this)

what about taxes does a dealer selling to an out of country customer have to charge sales tax to that customer?

or does the out of country customer pay their own taxes upon the equipment arriving in their own country?

my IN dealer says hes required to charge everyone sales tax from other states....... thats because everyone used to go out of state next to their own to buy four wheelers etc etc etc and never pay taxes but out of the country? surely hes not required to charge sales tax to the out of the country customer is he?

thanks for any help on these questions! appreciated!

Dont judge me...
    Hydrotoys might be able to help but I do think that all fluids have to be taken out.....

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    no on charging the sales tax... the consumer has that option..

for exmaple lets say i buy a jetski in Kansas or something and their sales tax is 5% for arguments take... then i get home to NY with it where my sales tax is 8.625%... well i'm going to have to present proof to NY state that i already paid 5% on it in kansas, and then NY will charge me the difference.. the 3.625%

on the other hand... i can also buy a jetski from that dealer in Kansas and buy him no tax at all bc i'm not regitering it there.. i can pay him for the product ONLY and pay my full state tax in NY

no tax to deals going out of the US... just sell it, and let them worry about their own imports and taxes, ur not liable for any of that, nor is the selling dealer

in regards to fluids... technically they usually say they want no fluids.. about 99.9999% of them all go in containers with fluids...

empty the gas tank and take the battery out... leave the engine oil, u'll be fine.

that's how all the deals usually get pushed around going from the US to australia and Europe... they just go in the crates like the factory sends them... with no battery acid in the batteries and no gas... but there's oil in the engine

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    no on charging the sales tax... the consumer has that option..

for exmaple lets say i buy a jetski in Kansas or something and their sales tax is 5% for arguments take... then i get home to NY with it where my sales tax is 8.625%... well i'm going to have to present proof to NY state that i already paid 5% on it in kansas, and then NY will charge me the difference.. the 3.625%

on the other hand... i can also buy a jetski from that dealer in Kansas and buy him no tax at all bc i'm not regitering it there.. i can pay him for the product ONLY and pay my full state tax in NY

no tax to deals going out of the US... just sell it, and let them worry about their own imports and taxes, ur not liable for any of that, nor is the selling dealer

in regards to fluids... technically they usually say they want no fluids.. about 99.9999% of them all go in containers with fluids...

empty the gas tank and take the battery out... leave the engine oil, u'll be fine.

that's how all the deals usually get pushed around going from the US to australia and Europe... they just go in the crates like the factory sends them... with no battery acid in the batteries and no gas... but there's oil in the engine
    u cant send batteries with them then???????...and who can my dealer call to confirm for themselves they shouldnt charge sales tax and wont get caught in an audit.......they are just a country store and arent real up to date a lot of the times if u follow me!!!!!! they get a piece of paper from uncle same that says charge sales tax and they try to hit every MOTHER F**KER in town for sales tax whether they bought anything or not! hahahahahaha i just need them to be reassured which i know they shouldnt charge it...... i sell BIG trucks and i know there has to be an exemption for this! PERIOD!

p.s. i will look on the back of our sales tax exempt forms for truck deals and see what that says i know government sales are on their and other things as well for exemptions!
    Last edited by REID2168; 02-28-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Thread Information