Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

160Hrs- Too old to mod?

Hey i am planning to mod my 05 rxp which has 160 hrs on it, and im wondering if this is a bad idea or not, for example the motor being too worn out to perform.. I take good care of it and flush it after every ride and its well maintained and regularly serviced.

Im planning on installing
    -3inch riva air intake
    -External i/c (piranha)
    -S3 charger
    -42# injectors
    -New impeller(15/20?)
    -Metal clutch washers(maybe)

and i aready have the riva intake grate, other than that its completely stock. Is this setup okay or do i need a thru hull exhaust too? have i missed anything to make this work?

Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT View Post
    Hey i am planning to mod my 05 rxp which has 160 hrs on it, and im wondering if this is a bad idea or not, for example the motor being too worn out to perform.. I take good care of it and flush it after every ride and its well maintained and regularly serviced.

-3inch riva air intake
    -External i/c (piranha)
    -S3 charger
    -42# injectors
    -New impeller(15/20?)

and i aready have the riva intake grate, other than that its completely stock. Is this setup okay or do i need a thru hull exhaust too? have i missed anything to make this work?

Thanks in advance!!
    With the Piranha IC you'll need to run a thru hull exhaust.

ok thanks
    are there any intercoolers that you dont need a thru hull exhaust that come with a holding bracket and good for salt water riding?
    thanks.

The olny one that allows you to use your stock exhaust is the Do it yourself XS ic. In this you need to put the kit together yourself by purchasing exverything seperatley, but there is a forum member that sells these as a kit though (Jfizzler).

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    The olny one that allows you to use your stock exhaust is the Do it yourself XS ic. In this you need to put the kit together yourself by purchasing exverything seperatley, but there is a forum member that sells these as a kit though (Jfizzler).
    I can vouch for the kit JFizzle sells as I have it. It comes with everything you need to get the installation done with high quality parts.

WASHERS

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT View Post

-3inch riva air intake
    -External i/c (piranha)
    -S3 charger
    -42# injectors
    -New impeller(15/20?)

Thanks in advance!!

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD INSTALL METAL WASHERS FIRST THING.

These motors have the potential of 500++++ hours. They are just like a car motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    I can vouch for the kit JFizzle sells as I have it. It comes with everything you need to get the installation done with high quality parts.
    +1

u can run the rotac i/c with out the through hull exhaust. now thats with the old mounting kit that rotax used. mithc411 had that set up.i not sure if the new mouting kit will work. you'll will haft to remove the plastic resonator replace it with a metal pipe i think riva still makes that part. + the rotax i/c will hold up better in salt water than the alluminum i/c
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-29-2008 at 10:03 AM.

+1
    My '04 had 140+ RACE hrs before I finally added full Riva StgII with S3 charger. Just ran MH300 race, 270mi, nearly 5hrs WOT, topping 75+. Ready to go again.
    We did check compression, and rebuild SC kit. Also found fuel pump was not supplying enough pressure, so replaced new. If there are weaknesses in your machine, these mods will bring them out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information