Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Found my missing RPM`S 74mph plus now

After chasing my tail for months with various elecrical gremlins finally got her back over 8000rpm. Chucked out the denso plugs and put regular plugs back in and that cleaned up a high speed misfire,leaned her out a bit and the revs came back. This was 1pm Friday, left at 2.30pm for an 8 hour drive to the first round of our winter endurace series.Race started well,on lap 2 blew past a 74mph stage 2Riva RXP to take the lead.Unfortunatly lap 4 my gremlins returned with a check engine for the map sensor then the fuel pump quit Thats racing I guess but on the bright side the power is back, just got to banish the electrical gremlins.

+1
    Glad you found your problem Chris.

Those electrical gremlins can be a bitch!

Chucked out the denso plugs and put regular plugs back in and that cleaned up a high speed misfire,leaned her out a bit and the revs came back.

i thout the denso are much better plug for these performance aplications?
    or might it be other gremlins you got?

good luck in the races.

u can do a better run with this , i guarantee... but u have to machine it first. it's come with unremovable nut
    Last edited by novice_4; 11-07-2006 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks Jerry, I`ll get a GPS on her soon and hopefully crack 75. The RXP I overtoook in the race was carrying one and he was getting 74 so I figure I should be around there.

daverxp4, everybody here on the board has had good results from the Denso`s so I`m thinking some of the other issues I`ve had have led to the early demise of my plugs.Changing them was a bit of a ditch effort as I really didn`t think they would be causing a problem. Just put in a old set of NGK`s that had been kicking around in the top of my toolbox and the miss went away and picked up 350rpm.

Well done Chris, you did tell me a while back you would be cracking the mid 70's and it looks as if you are there. Good luck during race season this year. I just finished crating up my motor today and I am off to UPS tomorrow to ship it to Nils. Going with the JE's, RXP s/c overdrive gear, porting, RR racing camshaft, over sized valves, and lightened valve train. Guess that will be all for a while now..

Damn, Red, steppin up to the next level huh!? ...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Yep Andy, finally getting to my (final level) Stage III +++ dream set up. I have vowed not to mess with the EMS stuff. I don't have the intellegence nor the patience for that system A little nervous about the 150lb limit UPS has. I actually weighed it at 149 with everything so I am hoping they will let me slide beause I find it hard to believe I will be that lucky and will probably be right around 154....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Yep Andy, finally getting to my (final level) Stage III +++ dream set up. I have vowed not to mess with the EMS stuff. I don't have the intellegence nor the patience for that system A little nervous about the 150lb limit UPS has. I actually weighed it at 149 with everything so I am hoping they will let me slide beause I find it hard to believe I will be that lucky and will probably be right around 154....
    I hear you. I cannot even get a boost gauge to come on.

Thanks Jay, hmm... RR cam and bigger valves looks like your going to be going quicker than me soon! As for it being the final level wasn`t there a time when you just wanted to crack 70??? You might be able to fool the wife with that line but we know better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information