Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    '08 FX HO vs. '08 SHO

    Another post got me thinking about the price difference in the FX HO and the SHO. I checked w/ my dealer and the '08 FX Ho is sellling for $3000 less than the SHO (which I have a deposit on). So my question is...what are the differences in the two skis? I know the SHO is posted at running around 65mph or so and the '07 Fx Ho is around 57 or so. I guessing that the 08 FxHO will be faster though w/ the new hull. So other than speed what are the differences? Also I'm going to keep the ski stock so mod factor isn't a big deal. Thanks!


  2. #2
    Ft Myers FL
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ft Myers FL
    Posts
    51
    My point exactly on the original post, it might be wiser to stick with the FXho this year with the new lightweight hull & also readily available at the dealers (which the SHO's are not......yet due to the recall. I cannot see that the extra 3 mph will be really worth a $1000 per mph.

  3. #3
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    A stock FX HO runs a true 61 mph...a SHO runs a true 66 mph. For 5 mph ...you spend 3 grand. Its up to you, because I think you can get a HO to 66 mph for less than 3000 on mods.

  4. #4
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwafer21 View Post
    Another post got me thinking about the price difference in the FX HO and the SHO. I checked w/ my dealer and the '08 FX Ho is sellling for $3000 less than the SHO (which I have a deposit on). So my question is...what are the differences in the two skis? I know the SHO is posted at running around 65mph or so and the '07 Fx Ho is around 57 or so. I guessing that the 08 FxHO will be faster though w/ the new hull. So other than speed what are the differences? Also I'm going to keep the ski stock so mod factor isn't a big deal. Thanks!
    The FX might be $3000 less but not the FXHO. my dealer quoted me $10,079 & $11,079 Respectively.

    Jim

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast, Georgia
    Posts
    132
    Just get the FX HO. That way the SHO will be rare out there.

  6. #6
    SHOin OFF 02gpR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort. Lauderdale
    Posts
    2,103
    +1
    23
    whats your MAIN difference you ask !!!!!

    GASS!!! the SHO is going to BURN BURN BURN!!!!!
    i had an H.O cruiser . . and i could go over 3 hours and not even burn but half a tank!!! . . the h.o is def. gas friendly . . where they say the SHO is going to be just less than the ULTRA 250x . . and that is a GAS STATION's DREAM come true!!! (my ex had an 250x) basically she could do half of the runs i made with the same about of gas!!

  7. #7
    Ft Myers FL
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ft Myers FL
    Posts
    51
    As stated, a stock HO runs a true 61 mph, now take 25% off the hull weight & it might run 63mph (Nanotech) if you were inclined you could spend $$$$ trying to get the extra 3mph, or you could sit happily in your seat & know youve just saved a bundle, got out on the water earlier & have a proven product that uses very little fuel.

  8. #8
    Antiguan FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Antigua Caribbean
    Posts
    1,107
    +1
    3
    If you can afford the SHO go for it. After save your money for a year buy ECU,impeller and prop and run mid 70's all day long. The potential of the 1.8 far out ways the HO IMO.
    Last edited by Antiguan FZR; 03-01-2008 at 09:48 PM.

  9. #9
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    If you can afford the SHO go for it. After save your money for a year buy ECU,impeller and prop and run mid 70's all day long. The potential of the 1.8 far out ways the HO IMO.
    Yeah the SHO is a better ski for the modding factor, but if ya read his post he mentioned he doesn't want to mod. Honestly, the HO is really worth it. With new nano, it should be running at 63 and although you don't want to mod, if you throw maybe a grate on there you get up to 65 and right there even with an RXT

  10. #10
    fx160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    2,409
    +1
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    Yeah the SHO is a better ski for the modding factor, but if ya read his post he mentioned he doesn't want to mod. Honestly, the HO is really worth it. With new nano, it should be running at 63 and although you don't want to mod, if you throw maybe a grate on there you get up to 65 and right there even with an RXT
    there was one tester from here or pwctoday that ran an 08 fxho against the radar and got 56mph in rough chop,he also radared an fx140 and a vx and his times were about 3mph down on all 3 so at a guess the 08 will still only run 59-60mph in good conditions
    the weights on yamies web site only match the earlyer years ,it seems it is only lighter than the 07
    i do like the thought of running with the stock fxsho's in top end but have much more cruising range
    i am at 65.5mph with a light rider or 63.9 with me

    kev

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FX HO vs. FX SHO
    By Jmwarren in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 10:26 PM
  2. fx ho vs fx sho
    By official_style in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
  3. 2009 FX HO vs 2009 FX SHO Fuel consumption
    By smittyj01 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 05:18 AM
  4. Quickness difference 2008 FX HO vs SHO
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
  5. 09 FX HO vs SHO
    By inothome in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •