+1

For Florida Guys- Do you ever ride in Key West?

Just Wondering-

I've never been to florida, but if I were to go there, I would have to go to Key West cause it looks amazing

Any reason why you wouldn't ride there other than the obvious distance..? Its just that I've grown up my whole life on the West Coast and know no one (other than my uncle who use to boat race there) who has ever been to Key West. I guess cause Hawaii is much faster and cheaper...

Would you recommend going there and at what time of the year?

Thanks,

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=93277&rendTypeId=4
    Last edited by vidbuster; 02-29-2008 at 03:54 PM.

+1
    Weather wise there is no bad time to go to Key West. Holloween week is a fun time to go.. Fantasy Fest is a trip. Kinda like Mardi Gras but on a smaller scale. Interesting people partying in the streets...

Few years ago I went and we took a guided PWC tour around Key West that started in Malory Square and went completely around Key West. There is a Coast Guard Navy base there and we went through what they call a Submarine parking lot where they literally carved out of the coral these huge parking spaces for the subs..kinda neet to see.

if you like laid back places Key West is good, plenty of places to eat drink fish and just relax...I would bring the ski as you should have some cool places to ride on the way down and around Key West...

+1
    I was in Key West for the APBA world finals this year. It was my first time there, I went down on a poker run. It was an awesome time, the boat racing was cool and the town even cooler. The first thing I thought when I got there was I coming next year with my ski. It looks like a great place to go with a jet ski. One day we went on the boat to a sand bar south of Key West, there were boats everywhere and everyone partying! If you have the chance to take your ski there I would do it.

We have a club down here,soflariders.net, we just did a big trip down there last month....check out the site and youll see video and pics.....about 50 skis attended, we had a blast!! When you guys want to make the trip, just post on our message board and youll get a tour , im sure!!!

+1
    Hey Jesse, I just got back from Islamorada on another poker run. Do you guys ever go to Holiday Isle? It was a cool place to go and the sand bar just in front of it looks awesome on the weekends. I'll have to keep you guys in mind when I go down next year with my ski.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    I was just at Islamorada with my ski. We hung out on that sand bar and at Holiday Isle. You really can't beat the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Hey Jesse, I just got back from Islamorada on another poker run. Do you guys ever go to Holiday Isle? It was a cool place to go and the sand bar just in front of it looks awesome on the weekends. I'll have to keep you guys in mind when I go down next year with my ski.
    You got to remember, living in south florida, you've got THOUSANDS of choices of "cool places to ride" We are really spoiled here, we can ride "365"
    there are lots of other places too.. look in our club website and you'll see past trips and vids and pics...soflariders.net

+1
    Looks like you have a lot of fun in the winter. I will be in Key West in November again for the races. I'll have my ski this time, I'll keep you guys in mind.

Thread Information