Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J3ff

Anyone got a depth gauge?

I always though it was silly to have them cuz u can just see the bottom when it gets too shallow, but, then today when I sucked up a rock without being able to see the bottom I changed my mind.

I just bought this one on ebay.

EDIT: Removed link, seller was shitty and wouldn't want you buying from him

anyone have any experience with it? I NEVER want to get stuck out there again!!!!!!Now I have to figure out how to fix a crap impeller

i just found that in the new overtons catalog. looks cool.

let us know how it works

+1
    This was just done recently on a GPR.....

http://www.greenhulk.net/yamaha/viewtopic.php?t=1431

I have a 2005 RXT and I mounted the Norcross depthfinder exaxctly where the Sea- doo depth finder belongs, in the back where there is a round area smoothed out for it. I called Norcross marine and they said to make sure to use an adhesive that is clear with no bubbles and no silicone. I mounted it using West Systems 2-part epoxy clear, it works great. The only draw back is it doesnt work under 2 feet. It actually stops reading at about 1'7". Make sure you use the metal bracket on the back of the readout or it won't work properly.

J3ff
    thank you for your responses, the main reason I want it is so I know when it's REALLY shallow, like 2 feet deep.

Yesterday I was pulling up to a dock, and I couldnt see the bottom, well go figure, it was a little less than knee deep, and when my passenger got on, sucked up a rock and was stuck.

So since I'm going alot of different places this summer, I basically just want to know when it's 2 or 3 feet deep.that way I'll know when to just turn it off and jump off.

+1
    Greetings--

Our GTXs have depth finders. I had have to say its one of the best features that's on them !! We like to travel and frequently ride at unknown lakes. Being able to notice shallow spots and locate channels has certianly saved our butts !

Worth every penny IMO

+1
    Isnít there a stock dept finder for the new dashboards? I too need a depth finder, but would like to use a stock one for my RXP so I can use the existing display, anyone know of suck a ting?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    thank you for your responses, the main reason I want it is so I know when it's REALLY shallow, like 2 feet deep.

Yesterday I was pulling up to a dock, and I couldnt see the bottom, well go figure, it was a little less than knee deep, and when my passenger got on, sucked up a rock and was stuck.

So since I'm going alot of different places this summer, I basically just want to know when it's 2 or 3 feet deep.that way I'll know when to just turn it off and jump off.
    Jeff, Did you notice the sand bar we were on in the Hudson on the way back? I was stuck on it for a good 2-3 seconds reving until the next little wave came through and pushed me off of it....Of course I expect that being a fat guy If you install one let me know how it goes, I wouldn't mind having one either.
    Doug

J3ff
    yeah i did notice that sand bar

I found it on google for 82.82 shipped, that ebay guy fucked me over over .99 cents (I owed him 99 cents and when i didnt pay right up he got pissed and cancelled the order)

Thats ok though cuz his total was 91 bucks

so i went here http://www.boatersland.com/depthgauges.html instead and got it for 82 shipped.

I'm going to FL for the weekend, but I think I'll have it in by next tuesday, I'll let ya know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information