Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reverse buket misbehaving!!

For some reason my reverse bucket is poping down when I spin out the ski. After I spin it out and start accelerating it pops down. I'm lucky I havent blown it off the back of hte ski yet. I have the reverse bucket mod done but I dont think that it is causing the problem. Is there a way to tighten it up so it doesn't pop down so easy? It really scared the hell out of me the first time it happened I thought I broke something then realized it was just in reverse for no reson.

Is there to much slack in the cable? Does the reverse handle feel sloppy? with the reverse bucket up and into forward position, grab the bucket and pull it down while watching the reverse handle, can you move it substantially before the handle lifts?
    and is your spring on?...PR...

Spring is on, the handle moves with the bucket. The handel even feels tight when you throw iti in reversebut for some reason when the ass end of the ski is in the water on a launch sometimes it pops down. If I take off the linkage and crank it down a few then hook it back up you think that would help. Although thre really isn't much play in it. I dunno

Nothing on this huh? Shibby had said that someone that did the reverse bucket mod had this problem but he coudn't remember what tehy had did to fix it. I'll have to take a closer look at it maybe I can come up with something.

I can`t think of anything without looking at it acting up!?, I have the bucket mod also, and will pay close attention to it now that you are having this problem...PR...

I wouldnt worry about it PR...I have heard of no one else having this problem...

My only guess is the spring isnt tight...that would be the only cause of the thing snapping shut like that... Good Luck on your search!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    good find kinch!! i spent a god damn half hour searching for that thread and gave up, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    good find kinch!! i spent a god damn half hour searching for that thread and gave up, lol....
    When I saw this thread it was like dejavu. Just couldn't remember who posted it.
    I searched for
    reverse bucket spin

find ALL words button

+1
    Gforce,the setting on the bucket is to tight,my rxp did the same because I had it to tight,just loosing it up a little from to back setting on the bucket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information