Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

First start of the season gone bad!

i have a 95 waveraider 1100 thats completely stock that might i say i love the handling and speed but when me and my dad were lookin at it today to fix some problems we went to start it and it took alittle starter fluid to get it started which i no is bad and i expected that sense its been sittin outside (covered) all winter.
    anyways it started and just went all beserk and went full throttle. we werent in the water we just hooked those hose up to it on the trailer. we looked at the outside of the carbs and saw nothing out of place(idle screw, throttle cable, ect.) the throtle cable still moves when you squeze it and the part where the cable meets the carb isnt locked up. we took the air cleaner cover off and the filters and the valve wasnt stickin ether so what gives? i also have a ? on a part that has confused us since we purchased it two summers ago. i will post the pics after this but it is a slightly flexable plastic piece 3 3/4 in long and my dad says it looks like a meter or somethin that regulates some kinda flow it has been straped to the gas strap since day 1 and i want to no where its home is.
    Last edited by raiderteen; 03-01-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typos

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030108_1808[00].jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	60147

Name:	030108_1809[00].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	60148

Name:	030108_1801[00].jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	60149

Name:	030108_1800[00].jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	60150

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    When it death revs like that it is bad for the motor,a nd can be caused by a few things. In your case it was probably just a bone dry fuel system. onec it gets primed it should be OK.

The part pictured goes on the end of the vent for the gauge and just hands there.

+1
    ok well we tried to start it several times (3-7) and only ran it for at most 2 seconds, just anuf to see if it was gonna go all out again. but my dad said we will try again in the morning to see if letting it sit over night(on the charger due to low battery) will get it primed. now if ur thinkin that the low battery is causin it i would disagree cause a couple of the times we tried startin it it was still hooked up to the charger. is the vent that that part came from the vent that lets standin water by the gauge cluster go to the bilge? or what vent are u talkin about. thanks for the help so far!

Quote Originally Posted by raiderteen View Post
    . is the vent that that part came from the vent that lets standin water by the gauge cluster go to the bilge? or what vent are u talkin about. thanks for the help so far!
    there should be a clear tube running from the gage down to the bilge that fitting goes in the tube at the bilge end I would suggest a ziptie to secure it!

Quote Originally Posted by raiderteen View Post
    now if ur thinking that the low battery is causing it i would disagree cause a . we just hooked those hose up to it on the trailer.
    Don't mess with running it on the hose untill you get it running! you can seriousy screw up your motor by running the hose if the motor isn't running!!!!! I don't see where Addicted implied anything about the battery? ? anyway you might want to premix some fuel and oil and try starting the motor that way( dribble some down the carbs or remove the plugs and dribble some into the plug holes ) instead of starting fluid reason being is your denying any lubrication to the cylinder walls without fuel atomizing thru the carbs and mixing with the injection oil . The death rev can be unnerving but Addicted is correct a dry fuel system can do that
    Last edited by ZMANN; 03-02-2008 at 08:38 AM.

+1
    ok well i said that battery comment just in case he said that after i posted u are right he didnt say anything bout that. now if we go out there today and it still does the death rev then what could cause it.

Addicted is right if the fuel system is empty they tend to death rev as soon as it primes it is okay! the other causes of the death rev is a bad air leak like a crank seal

+1
    ok well we tried startin it like 5 or more times yesterday and then we let it sit all night should that "wet" the fuel system or how should i go about doing that

usually if you can get it started by whatever means it will start pumping fuel thru the system on it's own! unless something is sticking or damaged

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information