Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113
  1. #1
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2

    Fast Ski-Tow Car

    Hi guys, I'm young, but have thought.. I want some car (when I get one) that is FAST but can also tow my ski..

    any ideas..

    I want like a fast car that I could beat any other car in town.. but I could still tow my skis..

    you guys have any suggestions/cars you have?

    thanks guys!


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    Hi guys, I'm young, but have thought.. I want some car (when I get one) that is FAST but can also tow my ski..

    any ideas..

    I want like a fast car that I could beat any other car in town.. but I could still tow my skis..

    you guys have any suggestions/cars you have?

    thanks guys!
    BEat any car in town and tow a ski?

    Ok old school, GM A body(Chevelle GTO) or B body (Impala, Bonneville), 572 big block, aftermarket 5 speed, aluminum lung.

    New School GTO or Z06

    Realistic School 80's to 90s camero lightly tuned small block.

  3. #3
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    BEat any car in town and tow a ski?

    Ok old school, GM A body(Chevelle GTO) or B body (Impala, Bonneville), 572 big block, aftermarket 5 speed, aluminum lung.

    New School GTO or Z06

    Realistic School 80's to 90s camero lightly tuned small block.
    alright.. another thing...

    I have no clue (yet) about car engines.. so naming stuff and parts.. im kind of clueless

    would a z06 pull a ski?! wouldn't it look funny with the trailer hitch like big thing bolted onto the back of the car?

  4. #4
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    alright.. another thing...

    I have no clue (yet) about car engines.. so naming stuff and parts.. im kind of clueless

    would a z06 pull a ski?! wouldn't it look funny with the trailer hitch like big thing bolted onto the back of the car?
    First off if you know nothing about car engines you aren't going to beat much around town. A Z06 has more than enough torque to pull a ski, and a GPR doesn't put much strain on the springs.

    But seriously you can get a good Camero or Mustang with a V-8 and manual transmission can be had for under $10k and will pull a ski with no problem and both can be made faster on a budget.

  5. #5
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39
    better start playing the lotto



    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/porsc...gtr700/646275/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tornado_gtr700-1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	60197  

  6. #6
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    First off if you know nothing about car engines you aren't going to beat much around town. A Z06 has more than enough torque to pull a ski, and a GPR doesn't put much strain on the springs.

    But seriously you can get a good Camero or Mustang with a V-8 and manual transmission can be had for under $10k and will pull a ski with no problem and both can be made faster on a budget.

    as i said i have a few years to learn, before I will get the car..

    I know how to drive, I already have a ton of hours..


    just wondering.. how much is a Z06?

  7. #7
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    Hi guys, I'm young, but have thought.. I want some car (when I get one) that is FAST

    thanks guys!
    How long do you want to have your license?

    My first car was a 66 GTO and I managed to round up 4 tickets and 3 accidents in my first year or two. Bald tires (smoked the tread off my first set) and ice is a bad combination, speeding through a yellow and too lazy to clean the ice off my side window accounted for the accidents. I don't know the law in KS but here in CO, 6 points in a year on a probationary license and they yank your license. I know; I lost mine for a year. When I did get it back, I could barely pay for liability and Dairyland was the only company that would insure me. Fast cars and youth is a really bad combination. I'd race anything that glanced my way. My next car was all show and no go but man, it would bring in the honeys. I suggest you get a truck with a 6 banger. It will pull your ski and chances are, it wont have the crap run out of it. My GTO was a POS money pit. A good week only required gas and oil. Get a "USED" fast car and you will have BIG headaches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66 GTO Front.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	60199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTO Wrecked 1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	60200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT front lights on.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	60201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT front no lights.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	60202  

  8. #8
    RUNWME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Little River, SC
    Posts
    1,243
    +1
    1
    I used a c4 vette to tow my boat and 02 c5 to tow 4wheelers.
    Muscle cars are good for towing, lots of power, low center of gravity and meat on the road.


    I now use a camaro to tow my skis
    Last edited by RUNWME; 03-02-2008 at 07:12 AM.

  9. #9
    Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Holland, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    2,932
    Just a question for Hall Pass... are you expecting your parents to buy you your vehicle? Cuz if not, you have a hell of a lot of work to do to get money for a Z06 rofl... and if they are... why the hell would you expect them to buy you a Z06, and even then, its hard to believe that your parents would allow you to drive something that can "beat any other car on the block" for a first car, especially if they know your intentions for your fast car.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    211
    keep in mind a 2nd class ride is better then a 1st class walk.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NEW to site and want to have a fast SKI? LOOK HERE before POSTING
    By RUNWME in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 09:16 PM
  2. wtb 95 slt ski tow hook
    By bruddahdave in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 05:43 AM
  3. If your ski was car, which would it be?
    By afcblink in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
  4. fast ski or sorta fast ski?
    By levonhelmet in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
  5. ???? For all of you with Fast Skis :)
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •