Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pure Polaris Full Synthetic TC-W3

I am trying to find out if I can use an alternative 2 stroke Oil for my Polaris Genesis 2 Stroke (1200cc Carb) Jetski. I currently use Pure Polaris Full Synthetic TC-W3 & am finding it hard to get hold off & very expensive. I would like to use a Yamaha Jetski brand as it is easy to get & 50% cheaper. Can some one advise an alternative that will not damage my engine in any way. Ray

+1
    Ray, anything with the TCW3 rating will work.

If you want to stay with synthetic I like Amsoil and depending on who you buy it from the price is very reasonable and they will ship it to your door.

If you go back to the dino oil drain or use all of the oil in your tank so you don't mix the synthetic and dino oil if possible.

Ray,

I was in the same boat (pardon the pun) last summer. I was using Polaris synthetic blend at $27 a gallon .

I switched to Penzoil synthetic blend that I can get at walmart for $12 a gallon. Like ph2ocraft mentioned, just make sure the oil you select meets the TC-W3 rating and you will be fine.

+1
    currently I'm using quicksilver full synthetic in both skis, but I'm thinking about changing to amsoil

+1
    Here is an option for you. The AMSOIL HP Injector Oil.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/hpi

Never heard of "Pure Polaris Full Synthetic TC-W3"...didn't know they made such an oil. The newer Yamalube 2S is actually pretty good stuff...I run it when I can get it cheap. I personally don't like to use TC-W3 certified oils in my ski, as this certification is for outboards, not high performance 2 strokes. There is a definite difference in TC-W3 oils and the stuff that is ISO-EGD/JASO certified. Different additive packages and different amounts of anti-wear agents.

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    ive had great luck with amsoil or klotz r-50.
    also concider going premix only, nothing to fail and no toasted engines,as long as you dont get a brain cramp and forget to mix. klotz is tinted and has a distinct odor so pretty hard to mess up.
    my weed wacker and snowblower loves it too!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Never heard of "Pure Polaris Full Synthetic TC-W3"...didn't know they made such an oil. ...I personally don't like to use TC-W3 certified oils in my ski, as this certification is for outboards, not high performance 2 strokes. There is a definite difference in TC-W3 oils and the stuff that is ISO-EGD/JASO certified. Different additive packages and different amounts of anti-wear agents.
    I have not investigated these oil standards and classifications, but I always thought the larger modern 2-stroke outboard engines were not far from the PWC 2-stroke engines in terms of wear factors and internal stress levels.

What is it about PWC engines that makes the TC-W3 oil classification inappropriate?

What oil classification or standard do you feel is more appropriate for PWC, Polaris PWC in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have not investigated these oil standards and classifications, but I always thought the larger modern 2-stroke outboard engines were not far from the PWC 2-stroke engines in terms of wear factors and internal stress levels.

What is it about PWC engines that makes the TC-W3 oil classification inappropriate?

What oil classification or standard do you feel is more appropriate for PWC, Polaris PWC in particular?
    First of all, 2 stroke outboards are not "loop scavenged" like PWCs, they are "cross scavenged"...much lower specific output, but they run better at low throttle, and get better fuel economy than a loop scavenged engine. They have lower cylinder pressures, due to the lower BMEP. The TCW3 classification requires the oil to be "ashless", rather than "low ash" for the ISO/JASO classification. To put it simply, TCW3 oil is not as "robust", and does not offer as much protection at high rpm...its shear strength isn't as high. It has more additives to keep the engine clean, which takes away from the actual "petroleum lubricant" percentage.

The highest standard for high performance two strokes is ISO-EGD...I'm not one to get too hung up on oil though...I use cheap ISO-EGD certified oil in my ski and sled...Never had a wear issue using it. I'm sure you'll be fine contiuning to use TC-W3 oil...I just prefer not to.

I've been using Penzoil 100% Synthetic, every since I finished up the first gallon of Polaris synthetic in the wife's new Virage, which I bought with it in 2002, also in my Virage TX which I bought used, shortly after, with no problems at all. Unlike my friend's Virage, which he bought at the same time, who insisted any old cheap TCW3 was OK, until he had a rod bearing go out.

It's readily available at Walmart, West Marine, Boater's World and about every where else you can think of. It was about $20 a gallon for ever, but now is around $24 or so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information