Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Farewell, for now

I know my post count is low, but I have lurking around on the sea-doo boards long enough to remember the planned announcement of this amazing site. It looks like I will be on an indefinite RXP hiatus.

I begin my new job as an interisland airline capt. on the big island of Hawai'i the first of June, and as of now my wife and I are taking three 4x3x3ft crates and one car there. No plans for the RXP yet.

I just got an 4502 R/R ECU put on last thursday, and if anyone is thinking about purchasing one, I strongly suggest it. The throttle response is pretty amazing, and it wraps on up to 8xxx RPM in a flash.

This morning, Grand Lake was like glass and I got some good runs in.
    Mods: PPG repitch 14/19, Riva air intake/grate, vortech wheel, NOPAS, rideplate holes filled, ECU, and a attwood blower.
    Temps were 77/ 74 water, 85% humidity @ 775 MSL

I was hitting 8250 with occasional blips of 8300 and two to three bars of fuel, trim one click above middle, and that equated several high 73's and an occasional 74mph GPS runs. This was with a wear ring with about 20+ hours on it. I know with a fresh ring she would spin right between 8350-8400 rpms, its true sweet spot.

I started riding ski's in 1985 with the Wet Bike, and graduated to a sweet Waverunner I, which was taken down to TX to have their real go fast kit put on, which prolly yielded 35mph. My first 'Doo was a new 92 XP with crank trim, and that was the sweetest thing out. My pops soon got a Polaris 650 with electric trim and the races began! Since then we have owned about 3 Polaris's, 6 XP's, and 3 Speedsters.

This morning was truly a first for me. The adrenaline that pumped through me after running WOT was an experience I have never had. I simply can't imagine what Jerry's or Pistonwash's skis must feel like. I am truly in love my RXP, and I will miss it.

The good fellas over at Dick Lane's of Grand Lake offered to crate it on over to Kona, HI, but I have'nt a clue as to water conditions, maintenace facilities, and most importantly cost. But hopefully I will get it all figured out soon enough.

I just wanted to thank the site supporters, various JB-weld heroes, and of course Jerry. Without you all, I'd be like the laymens person driving a 66mph RXP with so much untapped speed, and we all know that is not much fun.

Happy boosting, and I hope the bug is a real kickass event this year.

Cheers!

huber heights ohio soon near New Port Richie Florida
    depending on shipping cost I would take it there. My dad owns a house in Diamondhead. some of the best riding in the world. You are very lucky.
    there are alot of mechanics and skis eveywhere.

+1
    Good luck with your new career!

+1
    Good luck and enjoy your new job in Hawaii !

Prowler:

I don't get it, why not take your ski to Hawaii? It can't cost that much to ship it, or is there some other reason you are selling the ski?

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to take the ski over.

I have to find a place to safely store my ski, get a trailer, check my flying sched, and of course look into shipping costs.

If it is under 2k to get it to HI from Oklahoma, then it will probably be over there come September.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Call John Carter!!

he has shipped a couple skis for me, he's now also shipping a few items for me from europe to the states, and he's shipped several skis for forum members.

Unishippers
    John Carter
    1-888-864-7477
    john.carter@unishippers.com

tell him Shibby sent ya

+1
    It only cost 1K for 3 day air from Stugartt, Germany to Orlando, Fl. for a Harley road king with Air France. You should be able to send a doo for under 2K, all I had to do is disconnect the battery.

+1
    Good luck with new gig...take you're ski Dude....just rent a storage bin till you find a decent place to leave it...even if you do sell,wouldn't resale value be higher over there?

prowler: good luck with the new gig bro! Hell ya take the ski, that is Primo waters!...PR...

never know what your going to see riding around over there, things you only dreamed about! hit_it.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information