Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Any Tips on how to prevent theif's from stealing our skis/trailers?

I am wondering, well as you all know I'm gonna go to mudbug this year, and I just want to be a little more protected to make sure I don't get like my trailer/ski stolen on my ride down.

Is there any like Heavy duty Best of the Best locks for my trailer?

Is there a locking pin that I can put on.. where the pin slides in that holds down the trailer when hooked to the hitch?

Is there some type of trailer lock I can put on my tires at like the hotels/truck stops that I can put on?

Is there anything that I can do to help hold my ski down, in a locking "manner"?

I wouldn't want to have or to hear about any of our skis getting stolen going to mudbug.. maybe this could help us all.. providing some info

+1
    With the gas prices going up, I doubt they will get stolen.

Make sure you have the ski's fully insured. If mine get stolen, I'll go home and collect my Insurance money.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    yeah, skis insured.. but I don't want to get to like LA and then get my ski stolen and not have any ski and have to drive back..

anything you guys no of?

I'm sure there has to be something.?!

HallPass, yes, you can buy a locking pin that goes through hitch handle which either locks trailer to car or prevents anyone from hooking your trailer to another vehicle. There are many to choose from. You can aslo get a device that locks around one trailer wheel preventing trailer from moving forward or backward. I like the one made by Fulton which I bought through Overtons but there a few different brands to pick from. I also have a heavy duty cable that I use to lock ski to trailer (through bow or hull U-bolt). All 3 of these locks can be beat but it would take some time and someone with right tools that knew exactly what they were doing, esp to beat all 3 at same time.

+1

Thumbs up

Crazy glue razor blades under the tongue. May still get got but you`ll have DNA results for life.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    yeah, skis insured.. but I don't want to get to like LA and then get my ski stolen and not have any ski and have to drive back..

anything you guys no of?

I'm sure there has to be something.?!
    I use a trailer lock (it covers the hitch hole and locks onto the lip) and I rely on the XP's age and the GTX's weight to keep them from being carried off.

If you are worried about lifting off you can buy a cable lock or chain and wrap it around the driveshaft through the intake grate. Its the srongest part of the ski and difficult for the uninitiated to remove.(If you PM and say you can remove the driveshaft with a pair of snap-ring pliers in 10 minutes, I will call you a freak)

I like the way you think hoss

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Crazy glue razor blades under the tongue. May still get got but you`ll have DNA results for life.

Starve a pit bull for a week and chain it to the trailer.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    Starve a pit bull for a week and chain it to the trailer.
    Who says you have to starve it? My brother-in-laws Pit scares the crap out of most people and that dog is the biggest puppy I've ever seen. Then there is my neighbor's Rottie 150 lbs, and sweet as can be, but even with me knowing that, seeing him run toward you puts a chill in your blood

+1
    I run a kryptonite cable lock through one of the bow eyes and lock the ski to my trailer. Then I do the same and lock the trailer to my truck.

Make sure you remove your tach, GPS, etc. from the glovebox too. I've always been a little freaky about leaving my seat on the ski, but I'd rather that than have someone (non-MB participant) go through my engine compartment cutting wires...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information