Need advice on mild mods for 04 RXP

I have an 04 RXP that I bought new and installed a Riva air intake, solas 14/19 tweeked by PPG, and filled in ride plate holes. That's all I've done. I put 200 hours on my stock ceramic washers, and last year I upgraded to the 06 kit, but still have ceramics. I know that is probably not smart, and I guess I should change them out. What else can I do without going to crazy? I still want reliability. How about a supercharger impeller and steel washers? Any help is appreciated. The ski is a screamer and has always been trouble free, I love it.

mild mods

METAL WASHERS!! first thing you need to do. Send your charger to Jerry and he will do it for you and also check the slip movement and shim in necc. He will send it back in no time and it's a VERY fair price.

Next you could go with a Green Wheel for the SC-with a external IC you will make around 10lbs of boost. Get the ext IC (riva,XS etc...) and get some 42lb injectors or a RRFPR. With that setup you will need a 15/20R impeller and you will be very reliable and be about 76-77mph gps.

Hope that helps.

Does the Riva intake grate pick up any speed, or is it just a better hook up in the chop?

one more thing

Get a PPG waterbox or I personally would go w/ Jerry's greenbox. I installed it and the sound is UNREAL!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dave911rsr View Post
    Does the Riva intake grate pick up any speed, or is it just a better hook up in the chop?
    No speed gain that Iam aware of but def a flat water to mild chop grate!

getting started

I own a 05 RXP that is stock. I am going to order a stage 1 kit for it. There is just over 100 hours on it, so I am doing the maintenance recommended. They make reference to a impeller shaft sleeve are there any tools needed to change it out, I saw where you can get water in the ski if it leaks. This is my first time working on ski's. I have worked on street rods for years so this is completly new for me. It seems that jet ski people are very helpful so any insight is appreciated. I'm from the Orlando area so I can't wait to get it done since warm weather is here.

+1
    10 there are some really knowlegable folks there in orlando. Alos read all you can this site has mucho info on getting ski rolling. But as said get rid of the ceramic washer ASAP.

Thread Information