Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help???

Help???

O.k I don't know what to think. My Dad lauched my rxp on friday and i was not there, and when we pulled the ski out of the water today I noticed that the drain plugs on the back of the ski were open. so he either forgot to screw them in or someone unscrewed them during the weekend. They must have been out for a day or two. The ski did not ever feel like it was taking on water or seem to ride low but it would only get to 7450 rpms and 65mph on the speedo all weekend. I thought that this was because the oil is about an inch over the top bend in the dipstick but now i am worried that the ski may have injested water. Could the ski have in injested water or would the bailer system keep the water out.

P.S. the ski has 11 hours on it and has not had it's 10 hour service yet.

If it injested water and you didn't remove the plugs then it wouldn't turn over it would be hydro locked. Your problem is the over filled oil. The drain plugs are supposed to be check valves so maybe that is what saved you?

I just puled the intake to the supercharger to look for water and It was coated with oil. is this bad? Also when I checked the oil it did not seem milky but it was not very black i think this may be because it is new oil.

overfilled oil will do that. Have it serviced and tell the dealer to put in the correct level of oil, and remind him over and over and over again. These dealers don`t take enough time to do the oil change preocedures correctly. If you can have them run the machine and check it when you come to pick it up. (prolly not feasible)...PR...

O.K but I am still worried about if I injested water is there anything that I could check that would tell me if the engine has water in it? What do you think of the supercharger intake being coated with oil?

+1
    If there is water in the oil it will turn to milk. Some oil is expected.

I checked the oil but i couldn't tell if it has water in it or not because i have not checked the oil on the machine before and i don't know what it should look like.

Does your ski run fine? if you ingested water it would not. The rear drain plugs have plastic balls in them that act like check valves. If you are moving forward, the bailer system is still working, and I doubt water came in thru the drain plugs going forward. Even if you are stationary, a few hard waves could push water past the balls, but that would have to be a good surge. You ski would have filled up with water enough for you to fel the drag and notice lose of performance, if this did not occur, I would assume you didn`t have enough water in the hull to get sucked in...

alot of ski`s have oil in the intake tract, that`s why most are using catch cans of one variety or another...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Does your ski run fine? if you ingested water it would not. The rear drain plugs have plastic balls in them that act like check valves. If you are moving forward, the bailer system is still working, and I doubt water came in thru the drain plugs going forward. Even if you are stationary, a few hard waves could push water past the balls, but that would have to be a good surge. You ski would have filled up with water enough for you to fel the drag and notice lose of performance, if this did not occur, I would assume you didn`t have enough water in the hull to get sucked in...

alot of ski`s have oil in the intake tract, that`s why most are using catch cans of one variety or another...PR...
    It would only rev to 7450rpms and only get to 65 on the speedo but this could have been because of the overfilled oil. The ski only has 11 hours on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider

It would only rev to 7450rpms and only get to 65 on the speedo but this could have been because of the overfilled oil. The ski only has 11 hours on it.
    yes, definately overfilled oil will lose rpms. The speedos are way off on these skis also .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information