When is a good time to start mod's?!?!

I have put a depoist on the rxpx. When is a good time to start modifying it? I was looking at the riva stage 1. Should that be done right away or wait and put a few hours on the engine?

Right before you want to go faster...he he... Well, I think it's a good idea to have a baseline of how fast your particular craft is running before modifying. You shouldn't be running balls-to-the-wall in the first couple of hours anyway, and the engine timing and fuel delivery are off spec in the first 5 - 10 hours during break-in. You really start seeing what it's capable of after 10 hours, and that could be your baseline to mod from there. Plus, I suspect the RXP-X is going to a handful in it's stock form, so you might as well get several hours under your belt, testing the stock limits before going down the modding rabbit hole.

+1
    You should cut the intake grate wings and center piece before riding fast or jumping boat waves. This gains 2mph and drives better.

+1
    I definetly would break in engine which i understand that is done in the first 3 hours. Then i would put 10 hours minimum to get the full potenial out of the ski with accurate baseline mph and rpm. You need to know this before moding in order to see how mods improved setup.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I definetly would break in engine which i understand that is done in the first 3 hours. Then i would put 10 hours minimum to get the full potenial out of the ski with accurate baseline mph and rpm. You need to know this before moding in order to see how mods improved setup.
    and the potential will continue to increase up to 25 hrs or so...I put the S3 wheel and 4" intake, wedge, grate on after 10 hours.

+1
    There is no problem with modifying the ski right away. You will have a chance to break the ski in first because the Riva S1 kit is not yet available. It's coming soon though

Thread Information