New RXT-X or moify 04 GTX ltd

Hi guys. New to the forum and thought that I might ask a couple of questions on either modifying my current ride which is a 04 Gtx limited or whether buying a new RXT-X might be the go. I thought that being supercharged but as yet unmodified the Gtx would have a fair bit more in it with a few go fast bits added. I don't race it or anything but I do tow a tube with my older children in it and of course a spotter on the back so there is a fair drag on it at times. I have thought about purchasing a new RXT-X but there are a couple of things I didn't like whith the release of the new model. The main gripe being the lack of a rear step. Have been quoted about 21000 Australian dollars for the new model.
    Cheers in advance
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by ENIAL8 View Post
    Hi guys. New to the forum and thought that I might ask a couple of questions on either modifying my current ride which is a 04 Gtx limited or whether buying a new RXT-X might be the go. I thought that being supercharged but as yet unmodified the Gtx would have a fair bit more in it with a few go fast bits added. I don't race it or anything but I do tow a tube with my older children in it and of course a spotter on the back so there is a fair drag on it at times. I have thought about purchasing a new RXT-X but there are a couple of things I didn't like whith the release of the new model. The main gripe being the lack of a rear step. Have been quoted about 21000 Australian dollars for the new model.
    Cheers in advance
    Darren
    I had the same '04 as my first ski and loved it. If it does what you want and is in good shape, unless you really wanted to upgrade due to hours or speed, then I would keep it. I traded mine because I wanted a ski I could mod and still be reliable. You can onlly mod the 04gtx 185hp engine just so far because it does not have the pistons like the 215hp's do.
    If you really wanted to move up to the rxt-x take the boarding ladder off the gtx and put it on the rxt-x. It's the same ladder available on the 08 215's. MHO

Thread Information