Ultra 08 Heat sensor issue.

Ive been working on alot of race ready machines for 08. Endurance style boats.

Im finding that the new smaller exhuast size with the leaner ECU is making the exhuast temps exceed the sensor on the pipe. What this does is cause the pipe sensor to send a HEAT code to the ECU putting the machine into a 5K limp mode to lower temps.

At the moment the RD temp is a quick fix but truely a temperary item untill we figure it for Kawi so they can fix it on the 09 models. Robbing MF,s.

Still Im working on the issue and it does not seem to effect all units but alot of them are getting new heat sensors to only have it happen again and again.

From the information I have, the 07 and early 08 has different sensors then the later model 08 units. So this issue may fade away as the 07 stock of senors run out. Also the new RIVA exhuast system should lower exhuast temps by opening the exhaust and allowing free flow to aviod heat back up.

More on this as it becomes availible from RIVA.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    skip i think the headers that jay is working on will solve this issue as well... we ran my boat for some long distance passes after letting it warm up and the manifold was only slightly warm at best.... i think this may resolve your heat sensor issue

Ive seen so much talk about these headers but nothing for us to test. So untill I see pics and unbiase testing then its fantasy to me.

You know how I role. Put it in my hands then Ill give you the true deal.

At the moment you have an 07 model that is not effect from what this thread is speaking of.

Man I understand your excited but can ya hold back a bit untill you have completed full testing of the unit. This thread you state you ran it long distances wide open but your oher thread you say you cant wait to open it up; that it was too cold to get sprayed.

Dont get me wrong, I am interested in the idea and will gladly get a set to try it out but this thread is about 08 issues not BLACKMGIC headers. This thead is about those who have 08 models effected from the sensor issue. Most will not install a header system to fix a sensor issue. The RIVA kit may work well for some but my true direction is to work with R&D and Riva for quick cheap and easy fixes. SO KAWI CAN STEEL THEM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Ive seen so much talk about these headers but nothing for us to test. So untill I see pics and unbiase testing then its fantasy to me.

You know how I role. Put it in my hands then Ill give you the true deal.

At the moment you have an 07 model that is not effect from what this thread is speaking of.

Man I understand your excited but can ya hold back a bit untill you have completed full testing of the unit. This thread you state you ran it long distances wide open but your oher thread you say you cant wait to open it up; that it was too cold to get sprayed.

Dont get me wrong, I am interested in the idea and will gladly get a set to try it out but this thread is about 08 issues not BLACKMGIC headers. This thead is about those who have 08 models effected from the sensor issue. Most will not install a header system to fix a sensor issue. The RIVA kit may work well for some but my true direction is to work with R&D and Riva for quick cheap and easy fixes. SO KAWI CAN STEEL THEM.
    sorry i tend to get over excited sometimes....

did they chage the position of the sensor from 07 to 08?

is it possible to drill and tap the pipe and run another water line into to cool the pipe some....

do yout think it could be a result of the single water box?
    Last edited by Region8Ultra250X; 03-03-2008 at 09:18 AM.

have not had that issue on mine yet. Only thing that mine does sometimes is the battery warning buzzer that I read about on the 07's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    have not had that issue on mine yet. Only thing that mine does sometimes is the battery warning buzzer that I read about on the 07's.

i still get that sometimes but my boat sat for 3 months and i fired it right up w/o any battery issues

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Thats just the nature of a Kawasaki, every Kawi I have had (5)always had the battery buzzer go off when starting the ski @ 60% of the time.

I have never been stranded by a dead battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Thats just the nature of a Kawasaki, every Kawi I have had (5)always had the battery buzzer go off when starting the ski @ 60% of the time....
    TN, your prior tip on the batt buzzer saved me a lotta stress this last season. Mine does it too but I read your tip and learned to ignore it, just like the low fuel buzzer!

+1

Battery Buzzer secret

The batt buzzer goes off because you hit the start button too soon after
    the immobilizer activation. The electrical system is ready when there is
    no display. You wait for the FPO to go away, maybe
    2/3 seconds, then hit start and you will never hear the buzzer.

now back to the 08 heat sensor topic...........

Tom's on point. When FPO is displayed then the ECU is still doing its tests. If you hit the start during the test then the ECU logs the current voltage during starting and finds it to be too low.

Sensor issues.

Thread Information