Thread: Waterbox Mod

Waterbox Mod

I am going to be taking out my SC and sending out to Jerry, so i figured this would be a good time to mod/gut my waterbox...

how do i go about removing the waterbox...i have searched and found threads on how to mod the box and that seems easy enough...only thing i haven't been able to find is how to actually take the waterbox out of the ski...

also alot of the threads regarding the waterbox mod are a bit dated...has anyone come up with any suggestions as to the ideal way to actually mod the box...
    ie. cut 3 2" holes, or remove all together.. should i remove size on both sides, front, back??

the amount of welding doesn't matter as my that's what my pops does so it'll be free...just trying to figure out what is best...

thanks in advance for the help guys...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ivylion13 View Post
    I am going to be taking out my SC and sending out to Jerry, so i figured this would be a good time to mod/gut my waterbox...

how do i go about removing the waterbox...i have searched and found threads on how to mod the box and that seems easy enough...only thing i haven't been able to find is how to actually take the waterbox out of the ski...

also alot of the threads regarding the waterbox mod are a bit dated...has anyone come up with any suggestions as to the ideal way to actually mod the box...
    ie. cut 3 2" holes, or remove all together.. should i remove size on both sides, front, back??

the amount of welding doesn't matter as my that's what my pops does so it'll be free...just trying to figure out what is best...

thanks in advance for the help guys...

You will need to unbolt the band clamp on the Jpipe, remove the upper and lower water connections, remove the stock exhaust rubber hose, unstrap the waterbox, slide it back about 3-4 inches to clear the manifold, then LIFT out...

Seprate the Jpipe and waterbox...Remove the rubber shielding...

Cut off the front endcap of the waterbox (pointing towards motor)...Trim the exit pipe flush....Drill as many large holes as you can in the baffle you see...If you remove the whole baffle, make sure there are no sharp edges...reweld on the cap...

You can remove the rear endcap also, remove about 6-8 inches from the waterbox, and reweld the cap on...thus creating a "shorty box"...

+1

exhaust box

[quote=ivylion13;557497]I am going to be taking out my SC and sending out to Jerry, so i figured this would be a good time to mod/gut my waterbox...

how do i go about removing the waterbox...i have searched and found threads on how to mod the box and that seems easy enough...only thing i haven't been able to find is how to actually take the waterbox out of the ski... you will need to remove or disconnect your Jpipe so will have to disconect water lines on top and bottom of jpipe from exhaust manifold. you will have to take of the coupler that connects j pipe and exhaust manifold. then you will have to take loose exhaust hose on the water box it self. then take her out.
    these instructions suck so go to how to page and click on riva instructions and then click on riva exhaust and it should show you how to remove box. it is very easy.

ie. cut 3 2" holes, or remove all together.. should i remove size on both sides, front, back?? Hopefully the experts will chime in.

thanks in advance for the help guys...[/quote

danny that is weird, i promise your post was not there when i put this one.
    Do what Danny said
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-04-2008 at 01:59 PM.

haha...thanks for the help guys...

sounds like something that is do able...will work on getting this done by the time i see JP and more importnantly get my SC to Jerry so i can get everything GTG

Thread Information