Ultra LX gas consumption

Anyone have an ultra LX (the new non turbo) I am interested in the fuel consumption aspect. I know the tank is bigger than a 15F which I currently own. I also know the ski itself is bigger. How does it compare to a 15F in the gas mileage dept? I'd say I get a good 4-5 hour session before I get a beep on the low fuel which indicates I have usually 7 or more gallons left. Is teh LX comparable?

same engine but im gonna say it'll get worse mileage because it has a deeper v hull than the 15f so it has more drag, also, it weighs over 100 pounds more.

my 15f holds about 15 gallons when full and when the buzzer goes off it usually means I head straight to the landing...guess I haven't checked how long I can go on the buzzer...its not 7 though

+1
    I have both use the search and most of your questions will be answered.

Jason

you own both and suggest a search? Whats the answer? If you fill up to the brim both an Ultra LX and a 15F which one runs out of gas 1st. Does 4 gallons or so make up for the added weight and deeper hull? I'm considering the LX for towing in, which I currently use the 15F. I would like to know if it will go as long as the 15F. If not, I wouldn't consider getting it. I need at least 4-5 hours on the water. Not blazing as I am in rough ocean conditions most the time. I am assuming that the LX will handle better with the deeper hull. The 15F is fast on flat water, but its not so hot in the chop.

+1
    ok, I misunderstood. I have a 250X and an Ultra LX. I have answered the question many times on mileage for an ultra LX. I have given comparisons and actual distance with bars left. I cannot remember what I have written or what it is now. Sorry, I suggested search because your answer would be there on LX mileage.

It is a 250X minus 90 hp. I seriously doubt it will get as good as mileage as a 15F.

Thread Information