Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pump Wedges

Pump Wedges

2.0 2.25 2.50 Ok! Now we know the degrees. What has been the best one for an RXT. Anyone

I got a Rivas 2* on my GTX LTD....havent done back to back tests but all I know if that I weigh 285 and that nose comes out fo the water NOW!...I have to lean over the handle bars to keep it from porpusing...I would think anybigger wedge would be TO Much!...

maybe after I get my pump back I will do some back to back tests and report em back...

I`m using the R&D 2.5, no probs, no porposing with 1 or 2 riders, drier ride too!...PR...

I don`t know Dr Len with your bald headed fat a$$ on the ski , you might need a 3.0 or custom 3.5, or just sit on the back ...PR...

I am 285 and with the 2* mine porpusus, even with my G/F on the back it does that same thing....

or maybe its catavating?? hmmm it lunges forward and then it comes out fo the water(It seems), then catches and lunges forward, and comes out the water...and then once it catches again I am good to go and it goes like a bat out of hell!!!

hmm what is that cativation or porpusing?

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    I am 285 and with the 2* mine porpusus, even with my G/F on the back it does that same thing....

or maybe its catavating?? hmmm it lunges forward and then it comes out fo the water(It seems), then catches and lunges forward, and comes out the water...and then once it catches again I am good to go and it goes like a bat out of hell!!!

hmm what is that cativation or porpusing?
    Dude, sounds like your launching hard from a stop, your not cavitating or porposing, your coming out of the hole hard enough to make the ski stand up and suck air, either lean forward, put your weight on the bars, or take off a little easier and then stab it. The same thing happens to mine, if I mash it it will stand right up like a bike, so I don`t let it anymore...PR...

OOIC yeah I was about to say I stand over the bars and even with my G/f on the back (about 115 lbs) it still does it with me leaning over and her back there! damn she takes off then!

that is your big ass on the front of the ski

I use 2 degree center bushing now.

Used to be 2.5 but I think I like my 2 better.
    I tried a 3 degree I made using jb weld and solder metal but it jumped out of the water.

Re: Pump Wedges

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len
    2.0 2.25 2.50 Ok! Now we know the degrees. What has been the best one for an RXT. Anyone
    NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!, Dr Len , if you ride in open ocean waters DON'T DO IT!!! you would lose hook-up and speed in the chop and your RXT will porpoise like crazy, been there done that with the Riva 2.0 and the R&D 2.5, NOBODY in our island use them, it dosen't matter if you are a heavy or lightweight person like me (i only weigh 160 lbs) or if you ride alone or with 2 or 3 passengers is the same ****!!!!

Ray

That`s why our ski`s (the GTX`s) need trim, why didn`t BRP put that on there ...PR...

maybe I will switch the little bushing on the bottom of the venturi nozzle aroound 180* and see if that helps..

ya all think that would?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information