+1

PSI rating for Groco strainer?

The owners manual for the new X models say to use 100PSI of air pressure to clear water from the IC and exhaust manifold for freeze protection. I guess this would work for my RXP as well.

I plan on putting a strainer in my RXT-X and I have one in my RXP and I am wondering if the strainer will stand the pressure.

The owners manual shows fabbing up a hose with a garden hose end and a quick disconnect for an air hose to hook into the flushing port.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    The owners manual for the new X models say to use 100PSI of air pressure to clear water from the IC and exhaust manifold for freeze protection. I guess this would work for my RXP as well.

I plan on putting a strainer in my RXT-X and I have one in my RXP and I am wondering if the strainer will stand the pressure.

The owners manual shows fabbing up a hose with a garden hose end and a quick disconnect for an air hose to hook into the flushing port.
    I saw somewhere Groco's were 70-75 lbs.

I actually was looking at mine sunday and I thought it had a higher rating than that on it. I'll check again this weekend if we still don't know.

+1
    I have one ordered for the RXT-X so it won't be a problem because its not on there yet but I was thinking of using the same procedure for the RXP which does have the strainer.

We are supposed to be below freezing here Saturday.

+1
    I looked in the online store they are rated to 150PSI

Thats what I thought I read on mine. It says the ratings on it.

I ran over 100psi through mine and it was fine. Had to drain the strainer a couple times before the water was completely out of the system.

The only time you will approach 100 lbs of pressure if something like ice is blocking the system. Then it's kind of late. If there's no blocking, I'd be surprised if you hit 10 lbs of pressure.

But since the inlets and outlets are in the middle of the IC and not the bottom, I don't see how all the water will be expelled.... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    The only time you will approach 100 lbs of pressure if something like ice is blocking the system. Then it's kind of late. If there's no blocking, I'd be surprised if you hit 10 lbs of pressure.

But since the inlets and outlets are in the middle of the IC and not the bottom, I don't see how all the water will be expelled.... Ron
    I used an air compressor to "winterize" the intercooler. Also you are correct about the water sitting in the bottom of the strainer that is why I emptied it a couple times..

Thread Information