Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I hate my sea-doo. I hate it, I HATE IT!!!

Question Buzzing sound from MPEM.

I recently removed the engine from mf 2005 RXT because of the supercharger clutches blowing up. When engine was reinstalled my mpem began making a buzzing sound. The only time the buzzing stop is when the 2 amp fuse is removed. Does anyone have any idea what this is? It causes my battery to die overnight. Gives me codes P1680 Communcation problem detected by MPEM, P1517 Compass out of range, P1681 Communication problem instument cluster message missing, and P0562 Battery voltage low. (DUH)
    Last edited by TDIx4; 03-05-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Does this mean nobody knows, or is this posted in the wrong place? Really need help with this. I dont want to have to buy a new mpem. When I hit the box with a screwdriver, the buzzing changes tone. Sometimes it stops. Any info would reaally be appreciated!

+1
    Welcome to GH,

I "thought" there are a couple of relays mounted on that box. I could be wrong. If so, Unplug your battery and remove them. One is probably having issues.

Still having problems with this crap. Is there a possibilty that my start/stop button could be causing this? When I hold the button it actually stops the buzzing, but the tops valve and the fuel pump start to cycle every 5 seconds.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    this is frustrating me right now bc i know i had a ski come into the shop last summer that did exactly this and i can't remember for the life of me what the culprit was... i'm thinking i'm thinking....

+1
    GOT IT...

now i remember the ski that it was...

it was my own damn ski, LMAO.... i had the engine in and out so many times and it sat partly together and i never finished it and went back to it a week later and i got that nasty buzzing noise...

i was pissed, thought my MPEM was toast and i was gonna have to get a replacement for it...

well.... i left the 2 grounds from the wiring harness off the block so the MPEM wasn't grounded and it was going nuts... same shit, when i held down start it would go away...

make sure you have your battery terminals clean and tight, make sure all three grounds on the front of the motor by the oil filler neck are on there tightly and cleanly...

if this isn't your problem.. i'm stumped! pretty easy to overlook since they are kind of hidden ya know.

let me know what u find!

steve

I checked everything!! This is so annoying. No Ive got a new problem. I cleaned the big connector on the ecu, so now instead of buzzing the Tops and fuel pump cycle every 5 seconds. when I disconect it I beeps one long time but no more anything. I also tried removing the fuses to both tops and fuel pump. That caused the ecu to start making low rumbling sound that would come an go every 5 seconds. I there a hard drive in there? Its sounds like a computer when its searching for information. Im being specific about 5 seconds because I actually counted. I am going to double check everything right now. I got the junker out front in my drive way.
    Last edited by TDIx4; 03-08-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Here is some additional info. When lanyard is inserted it goes through post without a problem. I even starts fine and runs. When I shut it off I hear the tops valve click and then BAM it starts to buzz.

+1

This is what I get for spending thousands of dollars on this thing. Problems. Would it be possible to open the MPEM? I mean cut the layer of whatever that is on the back to expose what may be the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information