Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone know..........................

Anybody know when someone is going to come out with the blow valve for the RXPX? I haven't been able to find one yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    Anybody know when someone is going to come out with the blow valve for the RXPX? I haven't been able to find one yet.
    Welcome to the forum if I have not already.

From all the knowledge that i have read here, do not waste your time with BOV on the ic. I am sure others will chime in.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    The S/C blow off valve? I don't think one is really needed.

SMoke...EM..Ricers
    i heard the blow off valves sound amazing but does it really help ur s/c or no?

I think it is better not to run one as they have the potential to cause boost leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan123 View Post
    i heard the blow off valves sound amazing but does it really help ur s/c or no?

+1
    Id say 95% of members on here don't run one. Its not really necessary unless you decide to chop the throttle after running wide open a lot. Plus I have heard of numerous boost leak problems w/ them

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Id say 95% of members on here don't run one. Its not really necessary unless you decide to chop the throttle after running wide open a lot. Plus I have heard of numerous boost leak problems w/ them

Yes I got It off my RXP and block it with aluminum plat and I got mores speed ... It was leaking pressure and I had to buy new one ... it look nice but I didn't try it yet .. Its important to run the blow off valve if you let the throttle suddenly.. I got problem with the throttle body when I did block off the blow off valve.

Why is it important to run one when you let go of throttle after WOT???? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brendus View Post
    It gives the built-up boost after WOT some place to go instead of disipating back into the ic and sc. Just relieves the high pressure(9-11lbs) as you quickly let go of the throttle. Earlier skis benifited from this because they had ceramic washers in them and the blow back put a strain on the washers. With metal washers it becomes pretty much a non-issue. The blow back is still there but the washers and the sc can handle it. JBecause I know this, I usually try to slow down from WOT slowly to reduce wear on the SC over the 100 hour life before rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by brendus View Post
    The inertia of the SC wheel at max rmps keeps it spinning & slipping on the clutches. While it's spinning that fast, it's still making lots of boost that engine can't use because the TB is closed. So, the boost has to go somewhere. But the boost the SC makes is no where near the boost that a turbo makes, and there's nothing to slow a turbo wheel down when you let off the throttle. So, even more boost with no where to go. That's why turbo engines have BOVs. Even my turbo Saab came with a BOV from the factory... Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information