African-American
    +1

Flexx Handlebars

I was at my local bike shop yesterday and I noticed these on the shelf.

I thin tey would be excellent for riding in chop/non flat water, and helping alleviate some shock on the arms from jumping wakes.

So anyone ever used them on a ski ?

Facts:
    • Adjustable rise; customize your bar bend to fit you.
    • Bars come in 32, 31 and 29 inches wide
    • 1-1/8" center tube diameter (requires oversize bar clamps)
    • We offer 14 degree and 12 degree sweeps
    • 14 degrees is 57mm of pullback
    • 12 degrees is 54mm of pullback
    • We offer two different heights of bars one at 92mm, and the other at 116mm
    • Interchangeable elastomers to fit your riding style (soft, med, hard and stiff). All bars are shipped with all four elastomers.
    • Absorbs most vibration
    • Ride longer and harder
    • Reduce arm pump and hand fatigue
    • Braking bumps and hard landings become less of an issue
    • All bars are shipped with silver bar pads
    • MSRP: $329.99 w/silver bar pad, and all 4 elastomers
    Detailed info:
    No other handlebar on the market can provide the rider with the performance and comfort benefits that the patented (Patent # 6,860,500) Flexx Handlebar System can. The Flexx Handlebar System provides the most comfortable ride possible and virtually eliminates vibration. From a beginning trail rider to a pro motocrosser, across the board performance and comfort will be gained with the Flexx Handlebar System. The Flexx Handlebar System flexes in the same plane as the front suspension allowing a natural movement for your arms that compliments the suspension. The rider can also control how soft or stiff the Flexx Handlebar System rides as well as adjusting the rise of the handlebar. These options can be obtained through changing the elastomers and shims to create the perfect bend and desired stiffness for your needs.

The Flexx Handlebar System is a labor-intensive product. With construction methods from the latest in CNC machining and extruding to hands on assembly methods by a highly qualified production crew that employ strict tolerances to every component of the Flexx Handlebar System. It is not uncommon to see Cole Townsend, or Chris Tidwell, the owners of Fasst Company, out in the shop hammering away on production, and a day doesn’t go by when Cole’s dad Wayne is not in the assembly room keeping every component of the Flexx System up to the quality our customers have come to expect from us.

Being racers and sometimes crashers ourselves we know after a big wad it can cost a lot to get going again. We have decided to offer a 50% off warranty program. If you happen to damage a Flexx Handlebar System simply fill out the warranty sheet and ship the bar back to us. We can offer such aggressive programs as this because our damage rate is so low on the Flexx System.

Since the inception of the Flexx System in October 2002 we have offered a 30 day money back guarantee. We decide back then to try to eliminate your risk for trying our ground breaking new product. We still offer the same money back guarantee today. We believe you should find out how great the Flexx Handlebar System is for yourself instead of having to listen to some guy we paid tell you how great they are. Because why should you listen to some guy we paid to tell you how bitchin’ they are when you can experience it for yourself.

With proprietary materials, the FLEXX Handlebar System will provide its user with a handlebar that is unmatched in today's handlebar market. The FLEXX System will take your riding experience to the next level...

Simply put you can expect more from us at Fasst Company.
    Fasst Website
    Last edited by spaceman; 03-06-2008 at 02:08 AM.

+1
    $330 for a set of handlebars.... I'll definately pass on that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    $330 for a set of handlebars.... I'll definately pass on that.
    Well, look at it this way. people spend 250-300.00 on a set of sponsons for better tracking & handling even though they don't race OR get an FF plate for for a mph or 2 for how much?

If the bars work & last I'd get a set. If they kill some chop shock & are comfortable it would be worth it for me, especially on my GSX.

I have a set that I use on my dirtbike. When it warms up a little here, I will give them a try on the ski.

+1

Lightbulb ?

Hmmmmmmm????

Interesting..

Good Find Spaceman..

G....

+1
    Are the bars (black areas) plastic? Looks like the pivit points are a plastic of some sort.
    I know I've bent bars before from riding/landing hard wave jumping and the plastic parts would be a concern for me. A billet material would be better. Especially with a $300+ price tag.
    Cool idea though!
    Doug

African-American
    +1
    They are all metal. I called the MX shop, the sales guy said the silver is stainless steel and the black part is either billet aluminium or steel, he wasnt sure which one.

The only non metal part are the red grommets.
    Last edited by spaceman; 03-10-2008 at 04:35 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Well, look at it this way. people spend 250-300.00 on a set of sponsons for better tracking & handling even though they don't race OR get an FF plate for for a mph or 2 for how much?

If the bars work & last I'd get a set. If they kill some chop shock & are comfortable it would be worth it for me, especially on my GSX.
    I understand what you're saying. I saw those last year and they're definately saaaaaweeeeeeet, just a little too much for me personally. You make solid points though!!!

those are badass!!

i think i would like them better on the ski than on the bike..... i lean hard on my ski bars when i stand, dont know how well they would like that...

Thread Information