Thread: This is just Grates...
03-06-2008, 02:53 PM #1
This is just Grates...
Had a chance to snap off some pics of the Pro-shoe grate combo, in comparison to the stock shoe and 2bar setups.
Keep in mind, this is not the horrible single bar grate that you may hear about. I have included a picture of a single bar (with a cut-wing setup too) as a reference. Avoid the single bar unless you are running a monster swirl prop and a very, very large nozzle, and turning some big rpms.
This Pro shoe-grate combo was :
- made (no longer) for Closed course racing.
- It is HIGHLY agressive, with a lowered ramp.
- Balanced intake tract that is very efficient.
- Poor casting quality. You have to grind and grind to make it fit.
- Designed around the Swirl Prop, Hi-pressure Skat pump and very good with the 158mm setup.
- Will load your hull very hard. Turns are dramatic and spinouts are impossible, unless you are airborne.
- Rarely will you cavitate with this setup.
- Testing by Kerry and Phillip GPR has confirmed a 4-6mph slower smooth water speed than a stock shoe/grate.
- May cavitate with a dynafly or straight cut.
- Expensive new. around $400 I think???
- Was including in a combo with the R&D "B-Plate" blue anodized kit. This was one of the MOST agressive setups ever for the GPR.
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM #2
03-10-2008, 04:45 AM #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Cape Town, South Africa
Good post, the pro-shoe looks amazing.
Must take some serious balls to ride on that onebar grate.
03-10-2008, 06:16 AM #4
No balls necessary.
All of the breaks happen on the 2 bars, and in the general area of the rear-side of the wing. It seems most happen on the 800 grate, a few on the 1200 grate, and I don't know of any on the Pro-shoe and grate.
I don't know anyone that is crazy/stupid enough to use the single-bar grate designed with the stock shoe, so I have no info for that nightmare. The pro-shoe is a totally differently designed animal.
11-03-2008, 09:27 PM #5
11-03-2008, 09:47 PM #6
Single bar 1200 for the stock shoe really isn't that bad, been up to 90 on it with great hookup. Over 95 on the 2bar Riva 1200.
11-03-2008, 10:28 PM #7
I just wanted to illustrate that the wings, shoe shapes, etc, are different between the pro-shoe grate, and other grates.
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM #8
11-04-2008, 03:04 PM #9
i hope you know i was just kidding
11-04-2008, 09:06 PM #10
Nice post! interesting Thanks Lee
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Ninetok in forum Videos & PicturesReplies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
By fivespeedsteed in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 28Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
By Pale Rider in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 08-25-2010, 06:58 AM
By duramaxxed in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-09-2008, 11:29 PM
By Knr in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2007, 12:13 AM