Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: rude vs c-kit

rude vs c-kit

I am looking to buy a rude or c-kit s/c my problem is i ride for 5-6 hr with out stopping. will it be ok to run these superchagers for the 5-6 hr runs at a time with the heat they make.i am running an xs intercooler. witch one would be better for my needs of riding.

i am willing to spend the money on the c-kit if it fits my needs,
    also does any body know if the c-kit is as relieable as the rude

thanks in advance

I just got the rude..from what ive been told the extra couple hundred bucks for the c-kit isnt justified...

Rude

I just finished reading every thread I could in regards to this issue as I was planning on purchasing a new SC. From what I read, the above statement is true. The C-kit did NOT produce the boost they claimed it would. The rude has better customer service and produces the same, if not more boost.

Go with the RUDE! If I could do it right now, I would buy one hands down!
    Spend the extra money on Jim's rideplate and you will pick up some big MPH numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I just finished reading every thread I could in regards to this issue as I was planning on purchasing a new SC. From what I read, the above statement is true. The C-kit did NOT produce the boost they claimed it would. The rude has better customer service and produces the same, if not more boost.

Spend the extra money on Jim's rideplate and you will pick up some big MPH numbers!
    Gee....those choice of words sure seem familiar. Especially that last piece.

Just a question here.If you havint even gps the stuff you currently have on.Why would you change up stuff. .Maybe the stuff you have will float your boat and no need to keep adding stuff on.Some times its not all about the speed.O r is it... Hence my avatar....IMO YOUR SHOULD have done it from the start.IF SPEED IS THE NEED...

I Can Disagree I Am Seeing 15.8 16 Psi With My C-kit After Jerry Shimmed It I Havnot Heard Of Any Rudes Over 14 Psi But Than Again I Dont Know Anyone Locally That Is Running One

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Just a question here.If you havint even gps the stuff you currently have on.Why would you change up stuff. .Maybe the stuff you have will float your boat and no need to keep adding stuff on.Some times its not all about the speed.O r is it... Hence my avatar....IMO YOUR SHOULD have done it from the start.IF SPEED IS THE NEED...
    Because when you find out that you can spend $415 on a rideplate that's good for a 2~3mph top end gain versus $1K on a say 'X' supercharger that well produce the same topend gain......well.......ya know. Leaves guys like me a little extra $$$ in case we need something else, like sending a part to you for a paint change.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.

So does this mean i should have Jerry Shim mt C-kit before i bother to put it in? I will be running a boost guage so i'll know what my numbers will be at but did you have your C-kit shimmed after a while or it wasn't producing off the bat and you had it shimmed?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhitewonder86 View Post
    So does this mean i should have Jerry Shim mt C-kit before i bother to put it in? I will be running a boost guage so i'll know what my numbers will be at but did you have your C-kit shimmed after a while or it wasn't producing off the bat and you had it shimmed?
    Just install it and run it to see where you're at first. Since it's a centri SC boost is directly related to your engine RPM. So if it's not putting out the correct boost for the engine speed you're running and you have ruled out a boost leak then send it to Jerry for an inspection.

supercharger

i'm sure i have been reading the same info that u have been reading. i just have not seen enough info on the c-kit to make up my mind.

please if anyone has more info on the c-kit......

i just got my ride plate from speed freeks racing with his custom made skegs. erik keeps the skegs a bit closer to the ride plate on the rxps so the ski dont bite as hard if your just a rec rider. other skegs are a little to aggressive. i have seen his plate gain 2.5mph on my buddys ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01670.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	61046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01669.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	61047  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information