Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: rude vs c-kit

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    Posts
    22

    rude vs c-kit

    I am looking to buy a rude or c-kit s/c my problem is i ride for 5-6 hr with out stopping. will it be ok to run these superchagers for the 5-6 hr runs at a time with the heat they make.i am running an xs intercooler. witch one would be better for my needs of riding.

    i am willing to spend the money on the c-kit if it fits my needs,
    also does any body know if the c-kit is as relieable as the rude

    thanks in advance


  2. #2
    SHO stopper palmbeach jesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    palm beach fl
    Posts
    3,225
    I just got the rude..from what ive been told the extra couple hundred bucks for the c-kit isnt justified...

  3. #3
    Student of Speed rxpwhistler1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oakland County Michigan
    Posts
    708

    Rude

    I just finished reading every thread I could in regards to this issue as I was planning on purchasing a new SC. From what I read, the above statement is true. The C-kit did NOT produce the boost they claimed it would. The rude has better customer service and produces the same, if not more boost.

    Go with the RUDE! If I could do it right now, I would buy one hands down!
    Spend the extra money on Jim's rideplate and you will pick up some big MPH numbers!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I just finished reading every thread I could in regards to this issue as I was planning on purchasing a new SC. From what I read, the above statement is true. The C-kit did NOT produce the boost they claimed it would. The rude has better customer service and produces the same, if not more boost.

    Go with the RUDE! If I could do it right now, I would buy one hands down!
    Spend the extra money on Jim's rideplate and you will pick up some big MPH numbers!
    Gee....those choice of words sure seem familiar. Especially that last piece.

  5. #5
    I AM A VERMIN icerat4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CRYSTAL LAKE IL
    Posts
    5,098
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I just finished reading every thread I could in regards to this issue as I was planning on purchasing a new SC. From what I read, the above statement is true. The C-kit did NOT produce the boost they claimed it would. The rude has better customer service and produces the same, if not more boost.

    Go with the RUDE! If I could do it right now, I would buy one hands down!
    Spend the extra money on Jim's rideplate and you will pick up some big MPH numbers!



    Just a question here.If you havint even gps the stuff you currently have on.Why would you change up stuff. .Maybe the stuff you have will float your boat and no need to keep adding stuff on.Some times its not all about the speed.O r is it... Hence my avatar....IMO YOUR SHOULD have done it from the start.IF SPEED IS THE NEED...

  6. #6
    TERRY bigbuck12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    jacksonville fl
    Posts
    1,469
    I Can Disagree I Am Seeing 15.8 16 Psi With My C-kit After Jerry Shimmed It I Havnot Heard Of Any Rudes Over 14 Psi But Than Again I Dont Know Anyone Locally That Is Running One

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Just a question here.If you havint even gps the stuff you currently have on.Why would you change up stuff. .Maybe the stuff you have will float your boat and no need to keep adding stuff on.Some times its not all about the speed.O r is it... Hence my avatar....IMO YOUR SHOULD have done it from the start.IF SPEED IS THE NEED...
    Because when you find out that you can spend $415 on a rideplate that's good for a 2~3mph top end gain versus $1K on a say 'X' supercharger that well produce the same topend gain......well.......ya know. Leaves guys like me a little extra $$$ in case we need something else, like sending a part to you for a paint change.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.

  8. #8
    thewhitewonder86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    121
    So does this mean i should have Jerry Shim mt C-kit before i bother to put it in? I will be running a boost guage so i'll know what my numbers will be at but did you have your C-kit shimmed after a while or it wasn't producing off the bat and you had it shimmed?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitewonder86 View Post
    So does this mean i should have Jerry Shim mt C-kit before i bother to put it in? I will be running a boost guage so i'll know what my numbers will be at but did you have your C-kit shimmed after a while or it wasn't producing off the bat and you had it shimmed?
    Just install it and run it to see where you're at first. Since it's a centri SC boost is directly related to your engine RPM. So if it's not putting out the correct boost for the engine speed you're running and you have ruled out a boost leak then send it to Jerry for an inspection.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    Posts
    22

    supercharger

    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I just finished reading every thread I could in regards to this issue as I was planning on purchasing a new SC. From what I read, the above statement is true. The C-kit did NOT produce the boost they claimed it would. The rude has better customer service and produces the same, if not more boost.

    Go with the RUDE! If I could do it right now, I would buy one hands down!
    Spend the extra money on Jim's rideplate and you will pick up some big MPH numbers!
    i'm sure i have been reading the same info that u have been reading. i just have not seen enough info on the c-kit to make up my mind.

    please if anyone has more info on the c-kit......


    i just got my ride plate from speed freeks racing with his custom made skegs. erik keeps the skegs a bit closer to the ride plate on the rxps so the ski dont bite as hard if your just a rec rider. other skegs are a little to aggressive. i have seen his plate gain 2.5mph on my buddys ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01670.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	61046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01669.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	61047  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rude Charger vs. C-Kit
    By RX-Pike in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
  2. Rude vs. Riva Exhaust tip
    By 05Limited in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 09:32 AM
  3. Rude vs RIVA rear exhaust?
    By snowrunner in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 03:24 PM
  4. Rude Or B-kit?
    By SeaDooers in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
  5. Rude vs. B Kit
    By ARNYGOLLOTT3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •