Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Exclamation Waveater clips !!!

I am starting to understand why waveater clips are so neccessary. I took off my power valve covers tonight in hopes of taking out the valves but could not get the first rod out due to the exhaust being in the way. Anyway I am still fairly new to wrenching on my GP but am getting their and am definateley hooked. I have the service manual and it seems you should be able to get the valves out but what about that first shaft where the YPVS cables are connected too. When you try and pull out after removing clips you cannot get past it...Help and advice please....
    What do you guys recommend replace valves and along with adding clips?

+1
    Did the shaft move at all or did it hang at the seal? Basicly you remove the bolt on the arm and the clip to remove it. Sometimes the slotted end has sprung open a bit or there may be burrs on them. squeze it closed a bit and de-burr it with some sandpaper.

The wave eater clips keep the pin in the shaft from sliding out the side. This causes the valve to drop and take out your piston. more of a safety fix than a performance mod but is necessary on the PV motors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Did the shaft move at all or did it hang at the seal? Basicly you remove the bolt on the arm and the clip to remove it. Sometimes the slotted end has sprung open a bit or there may be burrs on them. squeze it closed a bit and de-burr it with some sandpaper.

The wave eater clips keep the pin in the shaft from sliding out the side. This causes the valve to drop and take out your piston. more of a safety fix than a performance mod but is necessary on the PV motors.
    I was unable to pull it out all the way due to the fact that the exhaust was in the way. Everything slid smooth including the shaft (no burrs). Just could not get the shaft pulled out far enough to be able to remove the valve. Does that make sense??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    I was unable to pull it out all the way due to the fact that the exhaust was in the way. Everything slid smooth including the shaft (no burrs). Just could not get the shaft pulled out far enough to be able to remove the valve. Does that make sense??
    The exhaust stinger is in the way? Might have to remove the stinger section then. It is not hard I have become quite proficient at this about 10 mins total R&R as well as many others here. The more you work on these skis the better you will get at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    then you need to remove your exhaust stinger,,, its in the way right?

+1

Thumbs up Yah....

Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    then you need to remove your exhaust stinger,,, its in the way right?
    Thanks dude....

sorry for the late reply. Yes that is why the WaveEater Clips are so benificail you don't need to remove valves. This save a lot of time and headaches. Just remove the covers and snap the clips on. No need to worry about your PVs again.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveEater View Post
    sorry for the late reply. Yes that is why the WaveEater Clips are so benificail you don't need to remove valves. This save a lot of time and headaches. Just remove the covers and snap the clips on. No need to worry about your PVs again.
    Thats what i did....

So you need to remover the stinger to put the waveater clips in? I didn't think that stuff was in the way? somebody straighten me out please.. are they tough to do?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by villerugger9 View Post
    So you need to remover the stinger to put the waveater clips in? I didn't think that stuff was in the way? somebody straighten me out please.. are they tough to do?
    You do not need to remove anything other than the covers and linkage, to install the clips and new linkage that comes with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information