Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Is MacsBoost worth it??

I ride an R12x and I was thinking about purchasing Mac's STgII kit. I was hoping to hear some responses. I have a friend of mine who put it in, but he has also done other things to his ski and hes constantly tuning and trying different things. He told me it made a small difference. I would like to see what other people's opinion of the kit is. My main concern is I ride with alot of RXP's and RXT's, I love my Honda, dnt get me wrong, I'm just tired of being left in their spray when they hit it. Will this kit by itself get me competitve with and RXP or RXT at top end, what speed #'s are people reporting cant seem to find a solid #. If I can get into the 67-68 range somehow with my honda, without putting $5,000 and tons of work I'd really like to know how. Sorry this was so long guys, and Thanx for any help.

I've heard/read often doing the stage 2 kit is worth the bang for the buck... doesn't kick the saftey mode in and reliabilty is good... hopefully a stage 2 owner will back this up ...

Side note, how much is this stage 2 from nitro now?

Sorry, heard speed is around 65ish?

Correction, stage 2 from Mac

Ok sounds good, so is there any other upgrade in addition to this that can bump the speed up another 3-4 mph??

+1
    Hi, I have lots of customers I can refer you to if you would like to chat with someone that has the kit.

I Own A Macs Stg 2 Kit, And It Is Worth The Money. I Have It Set To 19 Psi But Its Not Recommended. Gps Is Anywhere Between 66-67. I Also Have The Pump Wedge Which Helps Out On Top End. I've Really Never Raced Rxp Or Rxt, But Heard That The Honda Keeps Up If The Doo's Are Stock. I Beat Stock Gp1300r All Day.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Using a GPS for speed.... and using normal real world riding conditions.

65ish is correct, with a R12x. F12x would be less in the 62-63 range. Adding 2-3 psi of boost is helpful but it wont make up for the 30-40 more HP that a RXP or RXT has. Not to mention an any rough condition a RXT will have an significant advantage on a stock hull R12x two seater.

Shawn

So with the kit by itself I'm realistically looking at 65mph give or take 1mph in normal conditions. Thats only about 2-3 mph from stock . Does it get there a HELL of alot quicker?? Has anyone worked on modifying the ride plate and "succeeded"?? I know the Aquavian slows you down top end. I saw in the aussie R12x in this forum he extended it a good 6 in. any considerable gains in top end from this mod. Its kind of frustrating when I know the motor is capable of producing the horsepower but it just wont go much faster . I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my Honda competing with the doo's I just dont want to dump a bunch of money into it and still be beat by an RXP or RXT. So basically just looking for someone to point me in the right direction , since nonbody in my area really works on Honda pwc's, Thanx again guys!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1086 View Post
    So with the kit by itself I'm realistically looking at 65mph give or take 1mph in normal conditions. Thats only about 2-3 mph from stock . Does it get there a HELL of alot quicker?? Has anyone worked on modifying the ride plate and "succeeded"?? I know the Aquavian slows you down top end. I saw in the aussie R12x in this forum he extended it a good 6 in. any considerable gains in top end from this mod. Its kind of frustrating when I know the motor is capable of producing the horsepower but it just wont go much faster . I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my Honda competing with the doo's I just dont want to dump a bunch of money into it and still be beat by an RXP or RXT. So basically just looking for someone to point me in the right direction , since nonbody in my area really works on Honda pwc's, Thanx again guys!!
    Ok...here's my set up:
    2004 R12X
    1) Macsboost module, IC, 17 psi boost tube installed, pump wedge. I add half a quart of Torco Unleaded Race Fuel Concentrate to 93 octane gas.
    2) The stock intake grate has 1,3,5 bars cut out, stock impeller, stock ride plate.
    In that configuration, my R12X out runs my buddies stock RXT. He gets a little more than a boat length on the hole shot, but I catch and pass him every time....unless it's 2 or more foot chop. I've not run against an RXP...yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information