Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PWC Insurance

PWC Insurance

Foremost insurance company turned me down yesterday.Saying the RXP had too much HP.
    Anyone else been turned down trying to get your ski insured?

+1
    State Farm won't insure it, try progressive.

I already had a bad experience with progressive! Don't use them, they wrote the RXP as a car which ended up being 750 a year! So I knew that wasn't right, I went to Allstate and got a policy on my RXP for up to $11,000 in replacement cost including the trailer, $250K in coverage. That is incase I hit a Sea-Ray Yacht or one of those big expensive boats out there on the water. Also includes $5,000 in medical payment coverage.

I got all this for a Whopping $250 year!

Its require by state law in Texas that you have PWC Insurance if you have a lien or loan on your PWC

Quote Originally Posted by Compwhiz82
    I already had a bad experience with progressive! Don't use them, they wrote the RXP as a car which ended up being 750 a year! So I knew that wasn't right, I went to Allstate and got a policy on my RXP for up to $11,000 in replacement cost including the trailer, $250K in coverage. That is incase I hit a Sea-Ray Yacht or one of those big expensive boats out there on the water. Also includes $5,000 in medical payment coverage.

I got all this for a Whopping $250 year!

Its require by state law in Texas that you have PWC Insurance if you have a lien or loan on your PWC
    I never knew about that being a law in Texas. I asked my neighbors who they used and was surprised to find that none of them pay for it either. Maybe keeping it on a lift at the dock is less of a risk than trailering the ski.

Well when I brought my RXP 8 weeks ago. I could not leave the dealership with my RXP until I had Insurance to cover the loan on my PWC. That's what I was told!

Besides it makes sense to have insurance, just in case something would happen!

Did you know that about 30% of Drivers in the Dallas area on not carry insurance on their cars! Yikes

+1
    Chris, you had to show proof of insurance because you were financing the ski, and the lender requires insurance to protect its investment. I'm not aware of any law requiring PWC insurance. But you are right, it is a good idea to have it. You sure don't want to have to pay a lawyer out of your own pocket to represent you if someone sues you if you have an accident.

$282.00 yearly @ Progressive for my 04 RXP.Thats for liability,($100,000),comprehensive&collision,(cove red at $11,700 less a $500 deductible),roadside assistance,and wreckage removal.Best I could find personally.

State Farm just quoted me $307.00 per year on a 2005 RXP, trailer, $500.00 deductable

Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    State Farm won't insure it, try progressive.
    State Farm insured me.....I pay around $200/year for each ski.

I called 2 different Allstate offices, and neither had any info on PWC insurance. Both told me they'd call back. They never did. I would have thought calling agents near my lake would get some results. Guess not. So F getting insurance on the RXP. I don't trailer it, so I don't think my risk is as great as those that do. It's paid for too, so no liability there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information