Finally got to test out my mods with the new prop.

Went out riding today. 70 deg. outside, water temp 60 deg. Elevation 1560 ft. calm waters but not glass. I weigh 200 lbs and the RXT had a bar over half a tank of fuel. I was able to hit 72.8 GPS @ 8180 rpms and would climb to about 8200 and just peak/stay there. It is SOOOOOO much fun. I don't really care about the top speed I am getting and I am not too sure if it is low for an RXT with similar mods or not, but what does excite me is the time it takes to get there. It pulls haaaaard. I can now blip the throttle and launch the ski out of the water repeatedly, coming unhooked each time at will. Leaning forward while taking off remedies it some, but its still sooooooooooooooo much fun.

My previous gps best is 64.something prior to the mods, but looking at the prop and wear ring, I may have lost some speed as the prop was all jacked up and the wear ring was toast.

Should I have some massaging done to the prop to bring the r's down or is it fine where its at? I know with the hotter months coming, I lost about 200 r's when stock. I am now eager to try a 4" intake and see what she'll do. Thanks in advance for any feedback. This forum rocks!!!!

Banned User
    You ride in what kind of water calm or choppy ?

+1
    If you are using stock ECU you are against the rev limiter. Have prop massaged down so that you run 8100 hot. Running against the rev limiter will burn up your exhaust. It starts with the manifold tip.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    If you are using stock ECU you are against the rev limiter. Have prop massaged down so that you run 8100 hot. Running against the rev limiter will burn up your exhaust. It starts with the manifold tip.
    Yep, bring it down to 8100 and it will be perfect!

Would the pro series reduction nozzle be a better alternative with tuning RPM. I know that when the heat comes I'll be down some. I wouldn't want to keep massaging the prop for hot/cool weather. Or how about switching to a 4" intake and running a 15/20R.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by caymanRXT View Post
    You ride in what kind of water calm or choppy ?
    Both actually. In the morning its nice and smooth, but in the afternoon with the wind kicking up, we get some nice 3-4 ft waves at times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Would the pro series reduction nozzle be a better alternative with tuning RPM. I know that when the heat comes I'll be down some. I wouldn't want to keep massaging the prop for hot/cool weather. Or how about switching to a 4" intake and running a 15/20R.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Good Work and nice speed for that 3 seater. I would think that the pronozzle might be the ticket. That way you could bring down your rpm now, but when it heats up this summer you probably would be perfect with the pitch you have in your prop now.

pro series reduction nozzle would be perfect as long as your not on the limiter really bad.

Thread Information