Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dealer dropped my ski !!! Sorry it's long

About a month ago a decided I wanted to buy another ski. I watched Ebay and Craig's list until I saw a few on Ebay listed in nor cal. (Close to me) I decided I wanted go take a look at them. So I drove 1.5 hours to Gridley Ca. The place is called West coast Motor sports. Looked at the ski I wanted and was on my way. Two days later the auction ended and I won with a bid of the starting bid price. I was then contacted by the seller saying I couldn't pick it up for two weeks because he was going to be out of town. I reluctantly said OK. Two weeks passed and I went to pick it up. At this time I also purchased a used 2006 shorelander double trailer and gave them my 2001 zeiman single which they took as trade in.
    I filled out the paperwork and paid them cash in full. I then went outside to witness the transfer of my ski from the single to the new double trailer. (as they said they would do before I bought anything) They pulled my ski off the single onto a roller cart and over to behind the double trailer. They then used the winch to pull my Polaris onto the double. Then the guy checked the tounge weight by detaching the trailer from the truck and lifting it. After doing so I looked and saw that the hull bracket for my aqua step was ripped out of the hull and just hanging there. I immediately told the young kid who had done it and all he could say it SH*T. So he grabbed the ski and pulled it back to get a better look. When he did this the balance of the trailer shifted and as it was not hooked to the truck (checking tounge weight) the front of the trailer went sky high and my Polaris ended up on the concrete. (last week had alot of gel coat repairs to clean it up)The kid said "help me lift this back on the trailer." I refused and suggested he go get another employee and manager to help. They picked up the ski and put it back on the cart to look at the damage. The service manager said it was all their fault and they would fix it at no cost and deliver it to me at my dads house. The service manager called and said it was ready and would be delivered the next day at 11:00am. I told him to make sure he sent enough people as I (at work)nor my dad (bad back) would be helping. Next day my dad calls me at 2:00pm and says the dealer just called and said they're not going to make it today, they're too busy. He just wasted his day for these idiots. I then proceed to call them an ask why. All I get is alot of excuses and runaround. After a half hour of yelling the said they can bring it now. I said OK and hurried home to be there when it arrived. When they arrived of course it was the same kid that dropped it the first time. He put the cart behind the trailer and pushed the ski onto it. As they pushed it back it got stuck on a joint in the concrete. The idiots didn't notice and kept pushing. The ski pushed back until I yelled at them because it was about to slide off the cart. They got it onto the trailer and just before leaving handed me an envelope.(good right. Maybe cash for my troubles?) The envelope contained a letter saying that they have done everything that could be asked for in this situation and they hope I am a believer in God and that I can forgive them and if not I should find God. Is it just me or is this total bull****. As expected I left negative feedback knowing he would probley do the same. Am I wrong here ? Oh, Here is the link to the auction where you can view the feedback left by both parties:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...205820040&rd=1

Wow they used the God card for that? money would have been better!

+1

So, did they do a good job fixing it???

ps I would have skipped the neg feedback but since it's out there go for the follow up response Like how is it a scam ? I watched you drop my ski to the ground? are you lying before god?

WOW...

How do I do a follow up ?

p.s. They just thru-bolted it with washers and nuts on the inside.

+1
    At the bottom of the feedback page there is a button to respond to feedback.

you know........................thats a shame......................

was the boat left exactly the same as when you bought it before it fell on the ground huh?

where you satisfied with the repair?

if yes.....................then probably you should have thought twice with that negative feedback

if no..............................the boat should had never been accepted..........

but thats just me.........................

Quote Originally Posted by la90043 View Post
    you know........................thats a shame......................

was the boat left exactly the same as when you bought it before it fell on the ground huh?

where you satisfied with the repair?

if yes.....................then probably you should have thought twice with that negative feedback

if no..............................the boat should had never been accepted..........

but thats just me.........................
    I agree, and if they were nice about the whole thing and you never told them you that you aren't happy with the repair thats just wrong on your parts. Mistakes and accidents happen man, think about how it would be if the roles were reversed.
    They coulda let you drag the whole mess to court.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information