Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Rotax Racing Ecu Reflash

Just saw on the PPG web site where Rotax can reflash the 4501/2007 model ECU for $520 plus shipping. This gives you 8800 RPM. 2006 and older boats not avaiable. Dont know if older models will become avaiable.

+1
    Last edited by REID2168; 03-08-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Just saw on the PPG web site where Rotax can reflash the 4501/2007 model ECU for $520 plus shipping. This gives you 8800 RPM. 2006 and older boats not avaiable. Dont know if older models will become avaiable.
    2006 and earlier ecu's cannot be reflashed with the new x curve. only the 07's. also this does not mean you can put a reflashed 07 ecu on your x model. the ecu's are not interchangeable between 07's and 08 x models.
    also know that the new x curve is very aggressive. it requires light retainers, light valves(or lightened valves) and minimum 93 octane fuel. don't think you can get away with the riva springs instead of lightening the valves, you must do both.
    i know lots of rules to use this but look at it this way. if you use this ecu, high boost impeller, ported head and cam you are over 300 hp . 290 hp nets approx 83 mph properly set up so you do the math
    also the new RR 159mm 16 vein pump adds approx 3 mph and superb hookup. i think we are going to see some crazy speeds from rec skis using pump gas this year. last year we saw 83.5 mph @8500 with 11.5 lbs of boost. this year we have 8800 to play with , 12.8 lbs boost and a new pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax racing View Post
    2006 and earlier ecu's cannot be reflashed with the new x curve. only the 07's. also this does not mean you can put a reflashed 07 ecu on your x model. the ecu's are not interchangeable between 07's and 08 x models.
    also know that the new x curve is very aggressive. it requires light retainers, light valves(or lightened valves) and minimum 93 octane fuel. don't think you can get away with the riva springs instead of lightening the valves, you must do both.
    i know lots of rules to use this but look at it this way. if you use this ecu, high boost impeller, ported head and cam you are over 300 hp . 290 hp nets approx 83 mph properly set up so you do the math
    also the new RR 159mm 16 vein pump adds approx 3 mph and superb hookup. i think we are going to see some crazy speeds from rec skis using pump gas this year. last year we saw 83.5 mph @8500 with 11.5 lbs of boost. this year we have 8800 to play with , 12.8 lbs boost and a new pump.

thanks for the CORRECT information Mark! appreciated!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    this is such a tough decision for the rec rider...

8800 rpms will net you some extra speed, and the curves of the X in the ecu are probably aggressive and powerful... no knock control tho

riva you get boost dependency and knock control... but lower rpm rev limit..

i'm torn... i need to make a purchase myslef and i dont know which way to go... for a turbo setup

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    this is such a tough decision for the rec rider...

8800 rpms will net you some extra speed, and the curves of the X in the ecu are probably aggressive and powerful... no knock control tho

riva you get boost dependency and knock control... but lower rpm rev limit..

i'm torn... i need to make a purchase myslef and i dont know which way to go... for a turbo setup
    i think if a guy went with this ECU and a regulator or RUDE controller mapped correctly and GOOD GAS it would be safe! with of coarse the correct head internals as well!

p.s. i am STILL somewhat confused as to why with this Rotax 8800 rpm ECU flash u would need the lightened valves to run the RPM's of 8800 with this when everyone is currently doing it with the STOCK valves and Riva springs and retainers and suprpasing these RPM's with other EMS systems like IGNI, Autronics, & Motec.......
    Last edited by REID2168; 03-08-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rotax racing View Post
    How fast does this X boat setup (RR ECU, lightened valves/retainers, high boost impeller etc...) get there?
    Would a setup like this be competitive in closed course racing?
    Thanks.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i think if a guy went with this ECU and a regulator or RUDE controller mapped correctly and GOOD GAS it would be safe! with of coarse the correct head internals as well!

p.s. i am STILL somewhat confused as to why with this Rotax 8800 rpm ECU flash u would need the lightened valves to run the RPM's of 8800 with this when everyone is currently doing it with the STOCK valves and Riva springs and retainers and suprpasing these RPM's with other EMS systems like IGNI, Autronics, & Motec.......
    steve... who do u know running those kind of rpms on stock valves?

i know jerry and JD1 to name two guys running aftermarket EMS setups are running lightweight valves for a couple years now, not stock.

i'd like to know if there's any rec riders running stock valves with aftermarket EMS over a long period of time successfully

the lightened valves are pretty noticeable lighter than stock tho to the touch. i have a race tech head on my RXP with mark's head work, his lightened stock valves, rotax shims and retainers, but it's never been run past 8500

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    steve... who do u know running those kind of rpms on stock valves?

i know jerry and JD1 to name two guys running aftermarket EMS setups are running lightweight valves for a couple years now, not stock.

i'd like to know if there's any rec riders running stock valves with aftermarket EMS over a long period of time successfully

the lightened valves are pretty noticeable lighter than stock tho to the touch. i have a race tech head on my RXP with mark's head work, his lightened stock valves, rotax shims and retainers, but it's never been run past 8500

maybe im all wet on this!

+1
    Jerry and Dan had the big valve heads at one time and from checking with Ferrera I found that the big valves weighed as much as stock valves did.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information