Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS 2004 f15 motor

I have a complete f15 motor. The motor has a bad piston. I am asking 1000.00 for the complete motor.
    Last edited by viperjohn; 11-03-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    1000?

+1
    I have told you numerous times on here and by phone, that I would buy the engine from you as long as I could see the crank and engine cases were not damaged. I just ordered $700 worth of parts for a rebuild from Riva, not including the crank and cases. I have the money to buy the parts, I just need the proof the bottom end is good.

Mike(from Canada)

As you can see in the pics the motor is complete and in great shape. It had a frozen piston the lower end is perfect no cracks ect. I do not want to tear the motor apart as it is good and i want to sell it complete.

+1
    I can tell you from experience, you need to take the bottom end apart to confirm it is "perfect". I also had a "frozen piston", but the crank, bearings and case are destroyed. From the outside, it also looks "perfect".

Can you tell me why it has a frozen piston?

If you are willing to spend the small amount of money to split the engine and get it inspected, I will be willing to make a deal with you. You better make it quick though, because spring is coming, and I am starting to buy all the parts I need.

Mike

I think $1000 is really cheap. I would not want to tear it apart either!

Listen how about i haul it to the dealer and you call them and set it up and pay for your confirmation The local dealer is Redline Sports the number is 843-236-0758 spend a little save a lot

+1
    I phoned the service manager Barry at Redline. They need $250 to tear apart the engine and inspect the lower end.

If I am able to find someone to deliver the engine to me, I will give you $1100 for the engine if the lower end(crankshaft,bearings and crankcase) are in good shape.

I am searching right now for someone to deliver it to me when I go to Tennessee in May.

You are going to have a hard time finding someone to buy the engine without knowing what the inside looks like. Is the cylinder scored?

If you get it apart and find the lower end is bad, at least you will know what components are good to sell. ie. cylinder, head, crankcase etc.

Do you know how many hours are on it? Even if the crankshaft and bearings are bad, and the crankcase is reuseable, I will give you a good price for it.

I think you are going to have to spend a little money, to make some on this engine. I think I am being reasonable in my requests and offer since no one else seems to be interested.

I have a deadline to find or order my engine parts of approximately April 15th. That way I can have them brought to Tennessee for me whether they are new or used. The ball is in your court.

+1

we are stripping the motor apart and selling the parts on ebay this week

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information