Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Got on the water today.....

So it was about 55 degrees today and little wind so i finished up installing my boost gauge and headed for the lake. Rode around for 15 minutes letting the ski warm up and then started doing some runs. My sig shows the mods I have.

I took off on the first run, ski felt great. Looked down and was turning 8360 RPMs! I have the stock ECU in there, why would I be turning so many? I'm running an untouched 15/20 repitched by Impros. After seeing those high numbers I let off and held the throttle where my RPMs were right at 8100ish. Still had tons of throttle left. Did about three short runs like that with ~73mph numbers. Got low on fuel so I headed in.

Anyone have an idea why I might see such high RPMs?

I did feel the rev limiter knocking the ski back down when the numbers got that high...

+1
    Improperly pitched prop

+1
    prop and the cooler temps will make the ski run better, that is why people post there top speed before summer

Why would i be able to pull over 8200 RPMs? Shouldn't the limiter keep it under that?

Can someone with a untouched 15/20r take some measurements for me. Maybe the leading edge, middle, and trailing edge, down to the back of the prop? Give me the measurements in mm so I can check mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    Why would i be able to pull over 8200 RPMs? Shouldn't the limiter keep it under that?
    Your ski looks like an '06 so the rev limiter is at 8300, not 8200 like the '04-'05 RXP.

The trailing-edge bottom corner, farthest out from the hub, of each blade of my 15/20r when sitting on a flat table is up exactly 5mm. (don't have any other measurements; on the boat)

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Your ski looks like an '06 so the rev limiter is at 8300, not 8200 like the '04-'05 RXP.
    Still it was pulling over 8300...

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    The trailing-edge bottom corner, farthest out from the hub, of each blade of my 15/20r when sitting on a flat table is up exactly 5mm. (don't have any other measurements; on the boat)
    OK cool, I'll check the trailing edge this week and see if there was a mistake during the repitch. If anyone else can check for other measurements that would be great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    Still it was pulling over 8300...
    Yeah, but was it holding over 8300RPM or was it just flashes? My rev limiter is set at 8200 and I have seen 8250 a couple times at WOT when I come unhooked, but the RPM don't stay there.

Also I wouldn't be holding my RPM much above 8100 if I were you. In those conditions you are taking a good chance of melting your exhaust manifold bell, and I've heard of people floating valves even on a stock ECU when banging the limiter too much.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information