Antifreeze weeping from ride plate

On the top of the ride plate where all those screws with little rubber washers are I noticed that 2 of them had leak some antifreeze. What should I do? Try to tighten them? THe little rubber seems to already been squeezed out of them and a lot of the other for that matter. Thanks for help.

Peter

I think shibby had this problem or at least he saw antifreeze in the back of his antifreeze.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yes... every now and then i see antifreeze collect on top of my rideplate... usually collects between the rideplate and the pump support there in the crevice.

i'm going to the garage tonight to put in my starting efforts at removing my rideplate... so hopefully i will see what's what and if i have any issues.

If you removed the rideplate PLEASEEEE take pictures, lots. I want to sand down the shim like JD said.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    If you removed the rideplate PLEASEEEE take pictures, lots. I want to sand down the shim like JD said.
    this f'n sucks!! this ain't an easy task... i'm slowly using wood shims to put some pressure on all the glue and silicone to break it free. this sucker is ON THERE GOOD!

i'm like 50% of the way there i think

Antifreeze weeping from ride plate

If you use a small hydrolic jack between the ride plate and the top of the hull in the pump area it's a snap.

The dealer told me that the have used a small sizer jack from like a pinto and that seems to work.....

But has anyone tried to pull out a bolt that is weeping?? Could I just pull it out and seal it with some "right stuff" ?
    Thanks

Peter

Peter, I have alot of the rubber washer seals popped off, so far no leaks, but I don`t see why you couldn`t loosen the bolt enough, clean under the head real well, and apply silicone, spin the screw down but not completely, allow the silicone to skin for a few minutes, and then tighten it down the rest of the way. Pay special attention on exactly how tight those litte screws are, you don`t want to over toque them...I don`t know the spec off hand...PR...

Thread Information