Thread: bilgekote

bilgekote

anyone used Bilgekote on the inside of their ski? im wodering if it will stick good enough to use in my SL, its soo nasty and stained i want it to look nice and clean, like the rest of the ski, haha thanks guys!!

+1
    I've always used a bleach puck and simple green with a gallon of water. Ride it for an hour or so and then drain the contents while rinsing.

My ski is real!!!

unfortunately the magic of Simple Green just isnt cutting it for some reason, there are some serious stains in this bad boy, just so you guys dont think i got the info i needed and ran, here is the latest picture i have of it, this was 3 days ago, its now a completely bare hull, as in there is nothing in it haha, its real light too!!

this is a pic of some sanding, the bottom is ready for primer or paint after i fair out the last fill, this was fill #2 if i remember correctly.

this is about 20 minutes into sanding

+1

+1
    what about painting the interior of the ski....I've always thought about doing it with that rhino liner stuff

haha, rhino liner, that could be cool, but i am looking for a real clean, smooth white. i used rhino liner in my jeep, it turned out real well. I think i will be the guinea pig for this one since nobody seems to have tried it

I will put a new post up in the Projects section to show you guys what this thing looks like, haha, huge changes looking forward to paint hopefully later this week!!

i will at the very least have the bilgekote in by sunday, if my order gets in i will hopefully have the bottom completed. Here is a sneak peak at what i plan on putting on it \/ \/ \/ \/

Thread Information