Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: weird noise???

weird noise???

today i was riding at the lake and i kept hearing to me what sounded like a computer/digital sound... it was long and short and varied in tone . i was only hearing it when i was doing spinouts. no signals on the dash. has anyone heard something like this before?

Quote Originally Posted by FATSACK View Post
    today i was riding at the lake and i kept hearing to me what sounded like a computer/digital sound... it was long and short and varied in tone . i was only hearing it when i was doing spinouts. no signals on the dash. has anyone heard something like this before?
    Are you running an aftermarket intake grate such as the Riva?

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post

I got this same type of noise when I started runnign the Riva grate.

Describe the noise better.............so we can make sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C View Post
    I got this same type of noise when I started runnign the Riva grate.
    I'm thinking the same thing, but I thought I better ask first so I don't look like the idiot that I am sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    yes the riva, i just installed it a week earlyer as was testing it out for the first time and thats when i kept hearing it " the noise".

+1

That noise is the signal coming from the government, telling your machine to use more gasoline because $108 barrel is very nice for Bush.

You got me I have never notice this noise.

yes the riva, i just installed it a week earlyer as was testing it out for the first time and thats when i kept hearing it " the noise".
    It's just the grate. I don't know exactly what's going on, but if I had to guess it's probably just the scoop picking up water in the turns and keeping the pump stuffed. I'm not sure though, someone else can probably tell you for sure. It's nothing to worry about though.

Grate

I cannot confirm this but I have been hearing that the riva grate can tear your pump tunnel up due to the increases water pickup and faulty mounting. I hear the R&D w/ the gurdle is a better bet.
    As I said, I cannot confirm this and I just bought the Riva. If I notice anything out of the ordinary I am going to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I cannot confirm this but I have been hearing that the riva grate can tear your pump tunnel up due to the increases water pickup and faulty mounting. I hear the R&D w/ the gurdle is a better bet.
    As I said, I cannot confirm this and I just bought the Riva. If I notice anything out of the ordinary I am going to switch.
    Sean, where have you heard this from? I have never read that and would like to see pics and read about the instances. I know Vern reinforced his pump tunnel just for extra insurance. As far as grates getting pulled out I have heard of this, but more with the RXT's. You can run the girdle with the Riva grate, but you need to modify the girdle a little bit to get it to work with the Riva grate which is not a big deal. The R&D grate will provide better hookup in chop than the Riva, but has shown to be 1mph or more slower on top end in ideal drag conditions. Above the 90mph mark guys like JD1 have found that the WORX grate is the best with some tuning.

Another thing that confuses me about the problem is that the Riva grate doesn't stuff the pump as much as some grates like the R&D. That's why it has been a better top speed grate. So tearing up the pump tunnel from the increased water pickup just seems odd. This is interesting though and I would like to read into it more.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-10-2008 at 07:01 PM.

ok thats a real weird sound from the water, i did notice the difference in the riva grate, alot more hookup!! more turning responce, just what i was looking for. no change in the top speed.

thanks for the responces

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information