Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 138
  1. #1
    Brian Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    246
    +1
    10

    Stock piped 951 goes 70.3mph!

    My Buddy Mike's `2000 RX went 70.3mph last weekend. We had a warm weekend with temperatures getting into the lower 70 degree range. Perfect for some early high speed runs.

    The ski ran mid 68mph range last summer, so we felt like the conditions would be good for a 70mph pass.

    This ski runs a stock pipe, stock rejetted carbs, stock timing.

    Mods include first over Pro-X pistons,Miller head with 49cc pump gas domes, Miller reed spacer, VF3 reeds and BT porting.

    The pump is a 148mm 14 vein Scat setback with a 16/23 swirl turning 7160rpm thru a scat 80mm nozzle.

    If there is a faster stock piped 951 ski, I like to hear about it!

    pictures of the cylinder and case porting..........................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3155.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	645.3 KB 
ID:	61670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3160.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	598.1 KB 
ID:	61671   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3175.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	609.8 KB 
ID:	61672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3176.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	716.6 KB 
ID:	61673  


  2. #2
    GOO$E Mongoose2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LKN, NC
    Posts
    442
    +1
    1
    i can think of two faster stock piped 951's without porting.

  3. #3
    Brian Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    246
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose2 View Post
    i can think of two faster stock piped 951's without porting.
    Have'm ready!....................we be coming to KLN this spring! AND....you gott'a buy me dinner and give me a place to sleep!Yeha!

    -BT

  4. #4
    GOO$E Mongoose2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LKN, NC
    Posts
    442
    +1
    1
    you know i will!

  5. #5
    Brian Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    246
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose2 View Post
    you know i will!
    Think we can get some of those dreamland stock piped ski from GA to show up?!

    -BT

  6. #6
    m schmidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East, Tn.
    Posts
    235
    +1
    2
    Not only she ran 70+ but the acceleration was very strong. Got to love the mag pump and BT's porting. The RX and BT's GPR getting ready to go hunting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5113.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	603.2 KB 
ID:	61686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3498.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	704.7 KB 
ID:	61687  

  7. #7
    Brian Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    246
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by m schmidt View Post
    Not only she ran 70+ but the acceleration was very strong. Got to love the mag pump and BT's porting. The RX and BT's GPR getting ready to go hunting.

    Yep, That RXP you ran was classic. The look on his face after you pulled him 3 lengths righ out-d-hole and him given up after he was not catching you on top!

  8. #8
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Thomas View Post
    My Buddy Mike's `2000 RX went 70.3mph last weekend. We had a warm weekend with temperatures getting into the lower 70 degree range. Perfect for some early high speed runs.

    The ski ran mid 68mph range last summer, so we felt like the conditions would be good for a 70mph pass.

    This ski runs a stock pipe, stock rejetted carbs, stock timing.

    Mods include first over Pro-X pistons,Miller head with 49cc pump gas domes, Miller reed spacer, VF3 reeds and BT porting.

    The pump is a 148mm 14 vein Scat setback with a 16/23 swirl turning 7160rpm thru a scat 80mm nozzle.

    If there is a faster stock piped 951 ski, I like to hear about it!

    pictures of the cylinder and case porting..........................
    excellent ! way to go ! I love those RX's

  9. #9
    m schmidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East, Tn.
    Posts
    235
    +1
    2
    What about the ultra 250 that you chased down and only pulled him by a half mile. Then I finish him off. He didn't want to play anymore and went home.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    Ziggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,150
    +1
    3
    Very nice port work!

    How does the RX handle at 70+? I've got an '01 sitting around that I'd like to do something with (when I get a couple of other projects out of the way). Never been on one over 62 mph, so I'm looking for some input from guys who've made these fly.

  12. +1 by:


Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Egt prob location for stock pipe 98 gsx ltd 951
    By Jdmcrx in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
  2. 785 pro stock pipes....can they be modified?
    By rgard32 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
  3. Stock 06 GPR Hitting 70.2 mph!!!!!
    By Drink My Dust in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 07:29 AM
  4. Buddydoo's RXP goes 70.2 today
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 08:15 AM
  5. Wrapping Stock Pipe
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •