Oklahoma City, OK

Let talk about Water Routing!

What are you guys doing with your water routing. I have seen a number of things

Dump the back cylinder
    Dump the back and middle cylinder
    Dump the back cylinder but have a fitting to adjust pressure
    Dump the back cylinders with OEM head
    Reverse Cooling

What do you guys run and why? I figure this could be a good learning experience for some, and my self, on the subject. I would also like to know what my options are with an OEM head since I don't see much on this.
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 03-11-2008 at 12:06 PM.

League City, Texas
    on my Stage II 1200 GPR, I dumped the #3 overboard.

on my wife's EFI 1200, I dumped #2&#3 overboard to run the pipe hotter and to take more pressure off the rubber coupler boot between the u-pipe and stinger. As for hotter temp, I had a temp gun and I noticed the pipe ran about 13-15 degrees hotter vs. me only dumping #3 overboard in my application.

.....this is what I ran on unported 1200's. one EFI and 12 carb

Punta Gorda, FL

Reverse Cooling

Reverse cooling with two 1/2" lines from the pump into the head balanced using a distribution block with a 3/8" jetworks valve for pressure relief and a pressure gauge. Pressure relief line dumped overboard through a 1/2" pisser.

Front two cylinders dumping into the exhaust through 1/4NPT x 1/2" fittings on the manifold, rear cylinder dumped overboard through a 1/2" pisser.

I've gotten a lot of questions about this setup, so I will more than glad to share what I'm up to. Lowell started my in this direction, and I added dual cooling lines that uses a jetworks value for pressure control (since the head is open where the two input lines enter it's simple to balance the pressure - similar to what plumbers use that's called a pressure balancing loop to equalize water pressure). I have a pressure gauge (thanks to Duke's instructions for mounting a gauge) mounted on the distribution block so I can watch the water pressure into the head (of course the internal pressure will be different due to the internal water restrictions - but I want a baseline of the pressure entering the head to start with).

I used 1/2" lines so I can add 3/8" or smaller restrictors where needed (based on flow and pressure).

Pictures of the complete setup to follow (I plan on finishing this up tonight).
    Last edited by Gatorcountry; 03-11-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added info

Kenosha, WI
    I wont be much help cause i have a triple setup. I have two coming in 1/2" and 3/8" then splits into 6. three go to the exhaust manifolds and three go the pipes. the three that go to the pipes i have jetworks on them and waterflows and about half throttle.The water comes out of the pieps and over board with 3 lines. The water going to the heads go in and out on three lines over board. I do not restrict the flow on the head. Dan Fitzgerald form jet world told me to run one 1/4" out of the middle of the head which i am going to try.

Niagara Falls, NY
    523 there any advantage to usine 2 1/2" lines instead of 1 1/2" line?

Punta Gorda, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGpr05 View Post there any advantage to usine 2 1/2" lines instead of 1 1/2" line?

Probably not - other than there being a slight drop in pressure splitting a single line. I didn't install the holeshot mod in my new stinger yet, so I had a spare water line. I'm really wanting to see how well the pressure balances across the two lines.

post those pics of the water routing please!!!

Cape Town, South Africa
    You can find Gatorcountry's pics here:

Thread Information