JS300 Stripped bolts Help!!

Hi , I know this is not a stand up ski forum but maybe someone can help. I have a JS300 I'm getting ready for the kids to ride this summer and I did my normal checks and found both rear bolts on the ride plate are completely stripped. Is there a easy way to fix these....Incerts or repair kits? They look like I can't reach them from inside and I can't allow one of my kids to ride if the plate might come off...grate is solid jetsport 2 bar and ride plate is a jetsport-V edge both back bolts good but stripped in the hull.

Thanks, John S

+1
    Pics would help!!!!!

Pull out the other 2 bolts abnd see if you can get the plate off. The inserts should come with (if stripped in the fiber glass), Use a set of pyler to get the insets off and either go up a size on the inserts and bolts, or use resin to reset the inserts. Do a search, there are a few posts for repairing inserts in the fiberglass

If the inserts are solid in the hull and stripped internally, get a tap set and rethread to the next larger size and replace the bolts. Locktite Blue the new bolts to prevent loosening

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    Pics would help!!!!!

Pull out the other 2 bolts abnd see if you can get the plate off. The inserts should come with (if stripped in the fiber glass), Use a set of pyler to get the insets off and either go up a size on the inserts and bolts, or use resin to reset the inserts. Do a search, there are a few posts for repairing inserts in the fiberglass

If the inserts are solid in the hull and stripped internally, get a tap set and rethread to the next larger size and replace the bolts. Locktite Blue the new bolts to prevent loosening

Hope this helps
    Very good post, this was a very common problem. I normally epoxy the inserts back in place but they still come loose from time to time. glassing them back is best.

Thread Information