Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: top speed

top speed

Can anyone tell me the top speed of a 2005 R-12X. Also is the 2006 the same. And how does it compare to a ultra 150 in every respect thanks.Looking to buy a ski and was thinking about the honda.I bought the 1999 ultra when i first came out it did 66.3 to 66.7 MPH with a radar gun check about 10 times i liked the ski. It beat all other ski's back then and i had a the best holeshot. I i haven't rode in years. Was looking to get back into the game. And was looking at the honda

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro785stock View Post
    Can anyone tell me the top speed of a 2005 R-12X. Also is the 2006 the same.
    Any year the stock R12x is 61.9-62.9 GPS stock

I have a 2004. I have not shot it with radar however my buddy has 2 2005 Ultra 150's. When we run hole shot it's not even a contest. Honda blows it away. On wide open, the Ultra is maybee 1 mile an hour faster. Just barely pulls away. That really bugs the heck out of me. So I always just make sure I get the good hole shot on him. He'll never catch up before we run out of water. I'm going to get the alfa kit. Should slove that isssue. Oh, although no radar, speedo usually reads about 63-65, aqd even a 69 once. I realize it probably off but just wanted to add.

+1
    Can anyone tell me the top speed of a 2005 R-12X. Also is the 2006 the same. And how does it compare to a ultra 150 in every respect thanks.Looking to buy a ski and was thinking about the honda.I bought the 1999 ultra when i first came out it did 66.3 to 66.7 MPH with a radar gun check about 10 times i liked the ski. It beat all other ski's back then and i had a the best holeshot. I i haven't rode in years. Was looking to get back into the game. And was looking at the honda
    I had a 1999 Ultra as well, ran 67.5 GPS with a Dynafly and minor intake mod, and had a great holeshot. Gotta be honest ... the above post about the 2005 Ultras makes me wonder ... I know the 1999 Ultra was the fastest Ultra, but are the 2005s THAT much slower?? My 1999 would eat up anything made that year easily, takeoff to top speed; it would even crush my 2000 GP1200R until I did quite a few mods to it.

I wouldn't direct you to any particular ski or model, but you need to decide what you want in a ski ... if you still really enjoy having the 'fastest ski on the lake', you really should look at ALL the manufacturers and do some demo rides ... the Honda has some strengths but top speed is not one of them, there are other skis that are better suited to the pursuit of top speed. There are a LOT of very fast (65 mph plus) 2 and 3 seaters out now, especially 2008 models ... its worth doing some exploring.

What you can do to see if your getting a good deal is look at other skis around the same price range and then you can come back to us at the HULK and ask for input. For example say your price range is in the 7000 range and you can get an 04 gpr for around that price, I would say go with the GPR because its a faster ski.

hummm ultra 1 mph faster then the honda's if so im in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
    I have a 2004. I have not shot it with radar however my buddy has 2 2005 Ultra 150's. When we run hole shot it's not even a contest. Honda blows it away. On wide open, the Ultra is maybee 1 mile an hour faster. Just barely pulls away. That really bugs the heck out of me. So I always just make sure I get the good hole shot on him. He'll never catch up before we run out of water. I'm going to get the alfa kit. Should slove that isssue. Oh, although no radar, speedo usually reads about 63-65, aqd even a 69 once. I realize it probably off but just wanted to add.
    Not bashing but your buddy needs to do some work on those ultras. He should be running off and leaving you. That being said I wouldnt hesitate to by a honda, youre not going to be the fastest but the reliability and fuel mileage is great.

These two Kaw's are the only experience I have had with them. And my Honda for that matter. My first ski. Both the Kaw’s only have about 40 hours on them and seem to run good. But who knows. Maybe they need to be looked at. Since we are both new to the PWC world we just figured it is what it is. The Honda is a little higher HP I believe, and we just ran them head to head and took it for what it was.

if you still wanna be fast i wouldnt get a honda....

gp1200r

hey rdh just wondering how fast is that gp1200r?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information