Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Front Engine Mount vs. Triple Bearing

Which is better to do?
    I'll probably end up doing both but if they do the same thing which would be better ?

Would this work
    front engine mount, SS wear ring, 3blade ?

I would go with the tiple Kinch...its the most tired and true!

I think I would go with the motor mount if I had to do it again..........

If you can get the motor to stop deflecting, the wear ring stays smooth right?

Has anyone just done the motor mount and not the "3-bear" mod? nad had good results with wear ring longevity?

from what i have read it sounds like this new motor mount is the best thing. personally i think im going to do the front motor mount first and see what the wear ring looks like and then go to the triple if i need to.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ditto... what Jeff C and rxpblast said.... i'm gonna go with the mount first, supposedly overseas race skis are running plastic wear rings with new front motor mounts with zero issues or deflection

i mean why not go for the front motor mount first since its much cheaper than the triple bearing mod and seems to work as well if not better.

anything the triple does ? worst case if my single bearing dies I could just do a triple right. Or is it like a pyramid scheme, if my singe fails it causes the blade to hit the side of the pump which screws up the pump which screws up the driveshaft which shoots up in my as*

If no consequences on a single bearing failure besides downtime I think I'll just go with the front mount. Hope that works for the 3blade in the future.....

thanks guys for the input. I think bulletproofing can be overkill $$$$ sometimes.

and I rather put the $$ toward then

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    i mean why not go for the front motor mount first since its much cheaper than the triple bearing mod and seems to work as well if not better.

I think in some cases, the pumps were sent out for the mod, before the new front mounts were avail in the 4-Tec store...I think this is correct...PR...

also, I for one, went with the triple set up and stainless wear ring, to reduce down time and dis-assmbly for all the plastic wear rings I would be going thru at 25-35hours each...

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    I've got just the motor mount with the stock pump setup on my Stage II RXP. After 5 hours it looks great but I'll probably be able to give it the 15 hour inspection after this coming weekend...

I know my Stage I wear ring was trashed after less than 5 hours without the motor mount so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897
    I've got just the motor mount with the stock pump setup on my Stage II RXP. After 5 hours it looks great but I'll probably be able to give it the 15 hour inspection after this coming weekend...

I know my Stage I wear ring was trashed after less than 5 hours without the motor mount so...
    Please post after taking a look at your wear ring.
    15 hours 30 hours whatever, it will be a good gauge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information