Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question What Air Intake?

Hi readers

I have a 2007 GTX LTD SC and I would like to upgrade my air intake. The way I see it I have 3 options;

1) 4" front intake from Steve Friebe
    2) R&D SC flame arrestor, straight off the SC Prod Id: 203-95003. Will I need flowrites for this to work successfully?
    3) Get a 4" sleeve adaptor and hook up to the rear flexible ventillation hose and install a Riva Rear Air Intake Pre-Filter Assembly under the seat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    Last edited by anacott_gtx_ltd; 03-12-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Update

+1
    I built my own, 90 deg silcone 3-4" fitting from silicone intakes (which gives you a smooth transition as the SC), then went to local auto shop and found two 4" pol aluminum pipe in the ricer section for air intakes (like $20 each), then got around 5ft of that 4" kanaflex hose everyone is using and ran it up front with a 4" Airaid filter and prefilter, it sits just under the center console of my RXP, also ordered t-bolt clamps 4-4" and 1-3"

option #5 of.....too many to list.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anacott_gtx_ltd View Post
    Hi readers

I have a 2007 GTX LTD SC and I would like to upgrade my air intake. The way I see it I have 3 options;

1) 4" front intake from Steve Friebe
    2) R&D SC flame arrestor, straight off the SC Prod Id: 203-95003. Will I need flowrites for this to work successfully?
    3) Get a 4" sleeve adaptor and hook up to the rear flexible ventillation hose and install a Riva Rear Air Intake Pre-Filter Assembly under the seat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

WELCOME to the site...

Actually, for a 07 GTX, you have limited options...but still good ones...

1) Standard Riva Power Filter setup...Bolt in performance, longevity...
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=297

2) 4" SC adapter, about 8-10 ft. of Kanaflex, and a large mesh air filter...
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=641

The Riva Pre-Filter Assembly will not work on your GTX, as it is designed for an RXP with the large rear vent...
    Last edited by Danny; 03-12-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Danny,

I disagree with you about the riva rear air not working on his ski....it would require some modification...to the rear seat, rear tray and maybe the coupler attaching to the sc....but it would work.

That item is pricy though.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Danny,

I disagree with you about the riva rear air not working on his ski....it would require some modification...to the rear seat, rear tray and maybe the coupler attaching to the sc....but it would work.

That item is pricy though.

The STANDARD Riva Rear air that is designed for the RXP will need to be heavily modified to work...BUT...why ruin all that stuff when you can do something like THIS?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9190.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	62029  

Danny,

Ruined? I dunno...agree to disagree I guess... no biggie.

What kinda rpms is that guy getting? What he's done to his seat is similar to what I did to mine. He's cut out quite a bit more of the supporting frame....I wonder how strong the remainder is? Do you have a shot of the underside of that seat? One thing I ran into when running a flexible line to the spark plug holder's area/circle...the bend the air has to take when slammed up against the bottom of the seat was too drastic...I lost r's when using that area....that's why I wanted to see the underside of the seat.

Banned User
    +1
    I made the seat, it was for JP...

I cut out the lower half of a 2nd seat he had, just the areas that were curved...If it was flat, I left it...I cut the rear on the sides and middle, leaving the main supports...

Then the recessed line created by the rubber gasket, I basically channeled up 2" into the foam...This created a large 2" tall, 12" wide, about 15 deep plemun area...

Using 1/4 black hard plastic, I cut, trimmed, and formed 2 main sections, while running 2" tall strips just inside the recessed line...using a heat gun to form...I them used a thin layer of fiberglass resin to "glue" things into place to hold, then came back and layed on 2 layers of resin and matte...From there I used fiber-bondo to massage the openings a little, make them more free flowing...

Once all was done I took the bottom plate and opened a hole 5" in size, to mount a curved speaker port that was 6" on top, 4" opening...I glassed that in also....Then mounted the bottom plate to the seat with stainless bolts and lock nuts...Covered the seat back up with OEM style staples...

For a temp filter I used basic screen porch material wrapped around the the port, and the kanaflex over it....can be replaced with florite material...

We mounted it by removing the back support trim, poppingout the internal thin plastic, and putting it back...Tossed the white rear try to the side, installed it with a R&D 4" adapter....Feeding his RUDE SC he picked up 250 RPM and response was insane now (plus sound)...Once we pitched his prop right the ski was singing! He rant he entire time at Kissimmee with no issues, no water injection...

These are the only pics I got here, will post more when I get home...

Name:	IMG_9124.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	62154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9125.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	62155  

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I made the seat, it was for JP...

I cut out the lower half of a 2nd seat he had, just the areas that were curved...If it was flat, I left it...I cut the rear on the sides and middle, leaving the main supports...

Then the recessed line created by the rubber gasket, I basically channeled up 2" into the foam...This created a large 2" tall, 12" wide, about 15 deep plemun area...

Using 1/4 black hard plastic, I cut, trimmed, and formed 2 main sections, while running 2" tall strips just inside the recessed line...using a heat gun to form...I them used a thin layer of fiberglass resin to "glue" things into place to hold, then came back and layed on 2 layers of resin and matte...From there I used fiber-bondo to massage the openings a little, make them more free flowing...

Once all was done I took the bottom plate and opened a hole 5" in size, to mount a curved speaker port that was 6" on top, 4" opening...I glassed that in also....Then mounted the bottom plate to the seat with stainless bolts and lock nuts...Covered the seat back up with OEM style staples...

For a temp filter I used basic screen porch material wrapped around the the port, and the kanaflex over it....can be replaced with florite material...

We mounted it by removing the back support trim, poppingout the internal thin plastic, and putting it back...Tossed the white rear try to the side, installed it with a R&D 4" adapter....Feeding his RUDE SC he picked up 250 RPM and response was insane now (plus sound)...Once we pitched his prop right the ski was singing! He rant he entire time at Kissimmee with no issues, no water injection...

These are the only pics I got here, will post more when I get home...
    Dang! Where the heck were you when I was doing mine?!!

Were you able to keep the rubber weather stripping under the seat, where it woulda met the tray? How does it ride on the hull?

Are you able to remove the seat while on the water?

I only got 200+ rpms with mine....but as for the rest....I couldn't agree more.

I wish you'da seen some of my threads re intake discussions earlier....I probably wouldn't have sweated taking out more of my rear seat's frame.

Thanks.....now I've something more to think about.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Were you able to keep the rubber weather stripping under the seat, where it woulda met the tray? How does it ride on the hull? YUP, disturbed nothing and it ran fine...no issues.

Are you able to remove the seat while on the water? YUP, pop it like normal, but you can only move it as far as the kanaflex would let you...We just popped it, pulled it back, then popped the front seat...HECK, even slapped the rear back down with the main seat off...

Here are some more pics. I'm gonna be doing this same setup for Muddy...Its not hard to do, just took some time...and an extra rear seat

Name:	IMG_9057.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	62174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9059.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	62175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9062.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	62176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9091.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	62177  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information