Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

"INTERNALS" of Rideplate & Trued w/ Skegs

WOW just cranking the rideplate off with the jack out of my mom's truck made it SOOOO much easier. Was off in all of 15 seconds.

Hey, who was the one learning about his waterjet machine? get crackin on a new rideplate :P i'm no machinist by any means, but my vision of the rideplate is alot different than what it REALLY looks like.

Thought some of you might be curious to see wat it looks like INSIDE. now i gotta drill out one of the bolts that snapped on me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rideplate_002_647.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	526.3 KB 
ID:	3867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rideplate_003_520.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	579.4 KB 
ID:	3868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rideplate_004_100.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	612.0 KB 
ID:	3869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rideplate_005_999.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	565.3 KB 
ID:	3870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rideplate_006_761.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	573.6 KB 
ID:	3871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rideplate_001_104.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	563.1 KB 
ID:	3872  

+1
    how much meat can be trimmed off those rear mounts?

I can't believe you pulled that off. Just make sure you use a shit load of sealant when you install it. Thanks for the pics. I have a leak on 2 screws on top of the ride plate. I used some "right stuff to make a gasket, but I will just get some o-rings and that should be better.

Peter

Wow, that is neato! check out the flow path for the coolant
    Hey who`s that squirrly dude in your ski shibbs??? I don`t know, I don`t trust him

alls he needs to do is re-apply sealant in the same locations, I know you have a manual, just look at the pics! ...PR...

I gotta hand it tro ya shibbs, you dive right in head first!...

Nice going Steve, way to go and "gitten er done"

+1
    it's been more fun just taking things apart i never thought i'd let my fingers touch. never in a million years did i think i would pull the engine outta my ski all by myself, with no hoist for that matter. it's been fun, intimidating at times, but once you dive in, you just keep going and pulling shit out... parts can really only go back in one place... not worried about that. hard part s keeping track of the HUNDREDS of bolts, washers, clamps and hoses i have all over the place. trying my best to keep things labelled.

i'm havin a ton of fun wrenchin each night after work until about 1-2am.... but i am very anxious to get all my parts and resources organized so i can get it back together and ride!

i just HAD to separate the rideplate tho, bc i had to see with my own eyes what it looked like. I envisioned something more like coils, not just a maze... seems pretty simply to me honestly, all you need is someone with the equipment and patience to redesign a better rideplate. make the rideplate first, then just make a "MAZE" that's sealed with a plate and gaskets ... seems simple in my mind

DUDE YOU HAVE A LEPRECON IN YOUR HULL!!!!

So does it look possible to pop out the back shims to shave down without having to remove everything.
    Damn good job on the work you've done. I've always wanted to see what was in the rideplate. I thought it might be coils like you but that seems simple. Are you going to mail your rideplate to Mark to get the 1-2mph mod on it ?

Thanks for the treasure peak!

+1
    i'm a "realist?" ... meaning, i don't believe there's 1-2 mph in grinding down the mounting pads on the rideplate... with all the 1 mph gains we "claim", we should be doing 100 mph..

rideplate holes, intake grate truing, rideplate mods, pump wedges, OPAS removals, reverse bucket mod, truing the actual hull,etc etc.... if each of those are a .5-1 mph gain, i should see a 5 mph gain MINIMUM out of JUST those things, lol.... that'd give me a 70+ mph RXT with absolutely everything stock. i find that hard to believe

i'd be happy to see ANY gain from modding my rideplate, bc it's costing me nothing. now if it lose speed, that just sucks, but at least you can add washers to shim it back down to stock assuming you know exactly how much you took off.

wish i could test all these things one by one to see what each thing gives me for speed, but it's just not feasible since it's so convenient to be truing my hull, modding the rideplate, and doing tons of other stuff at the same time.

Shibs...gotta quick question for ya...

Are your marbles the size of an elephants?

Because you have much bigger kahunas then me...I would never even think about pulling the engine, nor the rideplate...

I give it

Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    That thing just looks like a crappy heat exchanger.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information