O.P.A.S. Block Offs - What's that hose for?

I took the O.P.A.S. off of my '06 RXT in preparation to put on block offs. When I took off the outer housings (that the rudders are mounted on) there was a rubber hose connected to the hinge. What's that for? Each side seems to be connected to a "T" inside the hull above the pump with the third outlet connected to a tube that runs to the top of the venturi nozzle.

Any ideas? Can I just plug them near the "T"?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

The hoses pushed water through them when you were on plain to "lift" the rudders when going at high speeds...

With out the OPAS Riva or who evers block offs you are using should of given you a platic (or metal) bolt that goes into the venturi...and also a cap with a screw clamp that plugs the bottom of the "T"...

Or some systems even completely remove the T and replace it with a block off palte (similar to the ones you used on the inside the pump housing near the pump (the smaller ones) but you would still need a bolt to plug the hole in you venturi...

Hope this helps.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    remove the outter fin assemblies like u said. going thru the hull is a big rubber boot about 12" long... pull that out of there from the inside of the hull, much easier. pull the long rod out, all the hardware, etc...

now on top of th eventuri as u states, there's a plastic fitting with a hose that goes into the hull above the pump. remove the hose, remove the fittingin the venturi and put a plig in the threads. the nipple that's left in the hull above the pump you need to cap it off and clamp the cap.

OR... some other performance companies sell a block off plate for that nipple in the top of the hull. (called the splitter) .... inside the hull, you'll see it splits and has two hoses coming off it... so either leave that assembly in place and cap it... OR... get a plate that allows you to remove the spliiter and put a block off plate up there as well.

which OPAS block off kit did you buy?

+1
    totallyblown has you going on the right track... i took to long bc i'm suckin down my root beer float :P

Finally I get something right shibs!

By the way hows the root beer float..havent had one in awile...hmmm

+1
    i have 2 root beer floats each day. I love them, and i got it down to a science, so it's goooood. Carvel just can't make them right for me.

do like shibby told me. Call PPG and ask for the OPAS block off. It will be called a seadoo miscellaneous piece.

do it do it do it

or you might have a 4 inch hole in your hull some day. Stock OPAS distributor is held on by 2 grip screws no bolt

Kinch you were the only one I heard of with that prob...dont scare the grasshopper! :P

I also heard I was the only that got a lot of oil in my catch can the first time I did. Then it happened to like 3-4 people.

I'm telling you, look at the bolt holding in the distributor.
    It happened I think from doing stage 2 and possibly bumping the distributor with the IC.

So makes since it has happened much, not much stage 2 RXT's.
    So just don't bump it then!!!
    or you can have it bulletproof for 20 bucks shipped.

Thread Information