Thread: pick up coill

+1

pick up coill

guys i was putting the motor in jump when i was routing the front cover electrics and i noticed a nasty break in the loom...

cut into and repaired the W/R (white and red) wire, and then looked up the color in manual and found it to be pick up wire along with the B/O (black and orange) so decided to test it with a ohm meter...

manual says between the B/O & W/R i should get a reading of 445-545 ohms...

with the ohm meter across these two i get OL am i right in assuming this is open circuit...as in the pick up coils is shot...

i have a spare 1300 front cover with electrics and have noticed the pick up coils is very similar if not exact as this pick up coils in the 12 and ohms out perfectly and the same range as the 1200..can i graft the 1300 into the 1200 and worry no more for now

BTW.. i hate electrickery..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    guys i was putting the motor in jump when i was routing the front cover electrics and i noticed a nasty break in the loom...

cut into and repaired the W/R (white and red) wire, and then looked up the color in manual and found it to be pick up wire along with the B/O (black and orange) so decided to test it with a ohm meter...

manual says between the B/O & W/R i should get a reading of 445-545 ohms...

with the ohm meter across these two i get OL am i right in assuming this is open circuit...as in the pick up coils is shot...

i have a spare 1300 front cover with electrics and have noticed the pick up coils is very similar if not exact as this pick up coils in the 12 and ohms out perfectly and the same range as the 1200..can i graft the 1300 into the 1200 and worry no more for now

BTW.. i hate electrickery..
    I have a 1200 coil only I can send you with your other package if you need.

+1

pick up coil transfer

thanks rich..

i went ahead and grafted it in...the 13's are just three of the 12's but i could not see this till the insulation was cut and pick up removed.
    cut and sliced into loom and removed one of the three in the 1300 and its all singing and dancing back in the 1200 loom..

ohms out perfect so i think i have got this one sorted out..

thanks for offer but hang onto the one you have in case mine works and you have none for yourself...

thought i would post doing this in case someone else wants to try it so my post will help with reference..

may even swap the windings over while i am nice and warm in kitchen takeaway tonight as i cant see my work surface just yet

Thread Information