+1

Rxp owners info wanted please!

I've been looking for a 98-99 spx to replace my 94 xp, but also been considering a new rxp. THe new motors really interest me, all though the price doens't! ha! I remeber back in the day you could get 2 for that price! Anyways Can the oil be changed at home? THe dealer told me today thats its like 150 bucks for an oil change!!! Thats nutz! ARe you guys happy? Other then the clutch issue, which Iheard has been fixed any other issues I shoud know about? Do the 2005 have the clutch fix? HTeres a few left over around here I can get a good deal on. Have they been reliable meaing more water time then dealer repairs? My biggest question is for guys taht have come from the x4 style hulls older xps spxs what not. Do you like the rxp as much? are they as fun to toss around as the older style skis?? Thanks! Anyinfo would be great!

Yes you can change and do all the matience yourself...the only thing I would suggest for the dealer to do is the 10 Hour service after that do it all yourself...the clutch issue was more for the earlier 04-05 modles that 06s have a bigger shaft but I would still get some metal washers for it (90 bucks)

Other then that the RXPs are amzing machines!

+1
    so the 06 has a bigger shaft? They have some left over 05's I was lookin at, cause obviously you can get them cheaper. Is the 06 alot better for this reason??

also what about ride compared to older machines like x4 machines

Go with an 05 and just get an extended warranty and you have nothing to worry about. I have 120 hours on my engine with no supercharger problems at all. Only problem I have ever had was my fuel pump just decided to crash and burn. If your supercharger goes, the warranty will replace it with the 06 charger, so no worries.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic
    also what about ride compared to older machines like x4 machines
    HAHAHAHA, you CAN'T compair an X4 to the monster size hulls nowdays. Put an X4 or XPL (parabolic hull) next to an RXP and the size difference will hit you like a ton of bricks. You can muscle an X4 or XPL but you just hang on with the new boats. If you want "some" control (as compaired to the smaller boats) you better get some sponsons and a grate. The RXP is wider and my first impression was being on a horse. Again, this is compaired to the smaller hulled boats. That said, you can't beat the power of these monsters. Even in stock form, they are impressive.

+1
    ya, I konw there huge. I like the old smaller craft, I"m just sick of throwing money at mine to keep them running. Seems everytime out something else breaks.

Thread Information