Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Speed for x models

My friend got 71mph @ 8200rpm on gauge while breaking in his rxp-x anyone has any more speeds

yeah, tell him to get a GPS in order to get real numbers. May I recommend him to get garmin. RXP X bone stock is like 67-68 mph. But with rideplate holes filled, cut wing, and wedge I think its said to get into the 72ish area. If hes gettin 71 bone stock, then hes got magic :]

i got 71 mph with a lot of filling and cutting the grate and on 1/4 fuel. but i have the problem that the ski only revvs to 7960....????? any thoughts??

You might check your oil level to make sure its not overfilled! If it is pump some out, overfilled engines can lower RPM's

thanks, will have a look now.

the oil level is about 2 cm above the max operating level on the dip stick. how do u pump the oil out????

Quote Originally Posted by brendus View Post
    the oil level is about 2 cm above the max operating level on the dip stick. how do u pump the oil out????
    First make sure that you check the level by the book: ski level, warm engine , idle engine for 30 seconds, check oil level. If you need to remove some oil, use a vacuum pump and a tube down the dipstick pipe - the same thing you will need when you change oil. I use a 2 1/2 gallon pump because I also do the 454s in my Sea Ray with it and they hold 7 quarts each.

You can also get by with an old shop vac if you need to remove just a little oil. You want the oil level to be in the middle of the bends on the dipstick... Ron

thanks heaps appreciated.

I just want to know if anyone is happy that they spent 2-3k more for an x an could have bought a 215 an then spent 2-3k an had even more speed? This is what I would have done! No ufence to anyone just my thoughts! I'm glad you all like your skis they r nice an to be able to just do that to a stock ski is awesome! I just remember last year with our air intake on our T an P the t got 70.5 an the p hit 71.5 an still were at 10500 totally invested in the t an 9800 totaly n the p. The extra money for these skis just dosent fit with me. I THink since the x's r the new musclcraft for them now they should have bin the 10999 models an the 215's be cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy66 View Post
    I just want to know if anyone is happy that they spent 2-3k more for an x an could have bought a 215 an then spent 2-3k an had even more speed? This is what I would have done! No ufence to anyone just my thoughts! I'm glad you all like your skis they r nice an to be able to just do that to a stock ski is awesome! I just remember last year with our air intake on our T an P the t got 70.5 an the p hit 71.5 an still were at 10500 totally invested in the t an 9800 totaly n the p. The extra money for these skis just dosent fit with me. I THink since the x's r the new musclcraft for them now they should have bin the 10999 models an the 215's be cheaper!
    Your quote is what I have been tossing around in my mind for a week. I have got the RXP with my mods but looking at the RTX-X, RXT, GTX limited for cruisin and rough water riding. The spread on the two RXT's is $1601.00. RXT for $ 10,899 or the RXT-X for $12,500. I really like the looks of both but I do not know if the perfomance of the RTX-X will be much more than the X. Waiting for some more information.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information