+1

question on building 04 rxp faster

I have decided on purchasing Stage 3 supercharger for 04 stock rxp. Do I need to have that fuel regulator with the stock injectors? Also would like to purchase riva rideplate, 4" air intake, 15/19 impeller?, ceramic bearing with metal washers, 2 degree pump wedge, re block offs, free mods. Buying external intercooler later on. Did I miss anything that might help me build a reasonably cheap fast ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by battsy View Post
    I have decided on purchasing Stage 3 supercharger for 04 stock rxp. Do I need to have that fuel regulator with the stock injectors? Also would like to purchase riva rideplate, 4" air intake, 15/19 impeller?, ceramic bearing with metal washers, 2 degree pump wedge, re block offs, free mods. Buying external intercooler later on. Did I miss anything that might help me build a reasonably cheap fast ski?
    The IC should be one of the first things to buy.

+1
    Hi my friend is running the s3 sc with stock everything else but if you go 4 the ex ic you will need to go 4 the 42 injectors or the rrfpr (regulator). If you did the free mods and got a xs ic from ebay or I hear there is some one on here that sells a kit that is sposed to b competative it depend on what money ypu have to spend and where you ride, i heard that the rotax racing intercooler is better for saltwater because of what the internals are made of but if you always flush your ski properly then you should not have any probs with any of the intercoolers. If you fitted these mods then you would have a preaty fast ski. Also i think that you would be beter with the 15/20 impellar with these mods, not sure i maybe corrected there are people on here with alot mor experience than me. Hope this helps.

+1
    thanks for the valued imput. I did some searching around and looks like Fizzle sells these kits. So the intercooler should be done first, I wonder how hard it is to install and where to reach him?

+1
    First of all welcome to the site. You need to use the search and the read feature there is great info. Just do not get in a hurry. The sticky called mod data base has great info in the sig.

+1
    I am fitting an ex ic in my ski at the mo, its simpel enough but i am fortunate that i can have alloy pipes and pretty much anything else fabricated at work so this helps alot. I just got a ic off of ebay, then got some silicon pipes from a local motorsport shop and had the rest made at work. If you can use a spanner and you dnt mind a bit of a challenge you could do it easy 4 sure. I think that fizzles kits come with pipes not sure about bracket tho. It is just a case of getting the old ic out of the intake manifold, this involves removing the manifold from the engine to allow it to be tipped up enuf to slide the stock ic out. Then it just a case of connecting up the pipes and you ar done. I have managed to do my ex ic for around 200 pounds so this is alot cheaper than any of the kits that you can buy although im not sure what fizzle charges. Also i have fitted my ex ic with the standard exhaust in place, i just have the resenator removed.

+1
    And as far as reaching him im sure he would respond if you send him a pm (personal message) hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by battsy View Post
    thanks for the valued imput. I did some searching around and looks like Fizzle sells these kits. So the intercooler should be done first, I wonder how hard it is to install and where to reach him?
    Easy to install. Definitely do some research on it. Use the search function. There are a lot of threads on here that give some really good pointers on the installation. Definitely get a strainer for the IC. Keeps the debris from clogging it up. Also go with a rear exit exhaust and maybe modify your water box.

Go with the 15/20 when all is said and done. The 15/19 is for higher RPMs and skis with ECU upgrades. Upgrading the ECU also means upgrading a lot of other things to make sure they will not fail under the higher RPMs.

Also look into an venturi with adjustable rings. There are a lot of people on here with great information that can help you get that ski flying on as little dollars as possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I am fitting an ex ic in my ski at the mo, its simpel enough but i am fortunate that i can have alloy pipes and pretty much anything else fabricated at work so this helps alot. I just got a ic off of ebay, then got some silicon pipes from a local motorsport shop and had the rest made at work. If you can use a spanner and you dnt mind a bit of a challenge you could do it easy 4 sure. I think that fizzles kits come with pipes not sure about bracket tho. It is just a case of getting the old ic out of the intake manifold, this involves removing the manifold from the engine to allow it to be tipped up enuf to slide the stock ic out. Then it just a case of connecting up the pipes and you ar done. I have managed to do my ex ic for around 200 pounds so this is alot cheaper than any of the kits that you can buy although im not sure what fizzle charges. Also i have fitted my ex ic with the standard exhaust in place, i just have the resenator removed.
    You do not have to remove the intake manifold to remove the stock IC. You will have to twist and pull and manipulate it in every which way you can think of but it will come out. Just be patient and don't force it.

+1
    Oh i had read on here that u had to take the bolts out of the manifold to giv a bit of movement as the fuel tank gets in the way when trying to slide it out, not a problem on xt's as there is more room. I was only repeting what i had read have not done it myself yet. Sorry if i caused any confusion R8

Thread Information